Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/21 at 22:59

@TheAuthority If Ollie had a serious look on his face after the goal I wonder if it may simply be to do with VAR, maybe he's very conscious of the possibility of a goal being chalked off these days for one thing or another. We can't celebrate as freely as before. Since two seasons ago, every time I see a Villa goal go in on the BBC livetext I stay looking at the score and the minutes gone for a few minutes, and if our goal still shows when the minutes updates only then do I feel able to properly celebrate. :<

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

No wonder they have so many shots ..

"You're in their half ? Shoot!! you see the keeper? shoot!! you're facing the goal from the corner flag ? Shoot!!! You're in the tunnel after the game? Yep you guessed it Shoot!!!!"

Amazing tactics.

It reminded me of that Phil Neville ‘coaching’ in Spain video. Cluelessly embarrassing stuff!

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

It was even horrendous before the 2009 win because before that one it was 26 years before a win at old trafford 😱 so this 12 year run without a win there isn’t so bad 😂 and as for us beating them at VP its worst because that still remains 26 years when we beat them in 1995 woeful record

Yeah. Far from good enough. We owe them at Villa Park, I think we will break that record soon enough as we continue to grow and get better as a club. UTV!

• Like 1

Just watched the reply, I thought the fans were fantastic and had to giggle at the” Villa boys are on a bender Cristiano Ronaldo is a sex offender”

Then belting out she said no my lord, she said no

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Exactly - this wasn’t relying on Jack Grealish or someone’s individual performance. It was a tactically beautifully performance. Everyone did their job and knew their roles. Dean Smith and his team are a fabulous set of coaches. We are in great hands.

I think we can safely rely on Hause's aerial prowess as special......This is not the first time he has excelled in the air, with such aplomb.

23 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Wish I could give them all MOTM, I am in heaven, well we certainly are a different team now. Still not sure how Ollie and Ings play together. But dont give a monkeys at the moment 

they will work it out....both too good not to.

23 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I don't give a **** about the performance we won. These bastards have caused so much grief for us. Enjoy it paint the town Claret and Blue give the missus a good un, take a dump at St.Andrews, go skinny dipping at the fountain in city centre.

Wear that shirt with pride today you plebs. 

MOTM ALL OF THEM!

are you pleased🤨

23 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

Forget the petrol shortage, there's gonna be a tissue shortage in the West Midlands today, everyone's gonna wank themselves dry after this!!! 😂😂😂 We've finally beaten them. What a performance. 

well thats a novel way of celebrating....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Sometimes. 

I mean I don't think our form was so bad to justify the panic and negativity we saw. 

No, Perhaps not.

I guess the difference between Watford and that.... is enough to blow the mind of any fan.....such a brave, brave performance.

I have to say the incremental progress,so far is absolutely astounding and we are still in transition, which makes it even more amazing.

The future is so reassuringly bright.

On 25/09/2021 at 15:14, sheepyvillian said:

Its almost starting to seem like Grealish was actually an hindrance to us evolving and progressing as a team. We seem so much more fluid in our build- up play, whereas, before, we only really had the one outlet. Now there are options throughout the game and we look a really dangerous outfit at times, long may it continue. 

All that's needed now is for Watkins to remember where the back of the net is and we'll be on fire. We have to remember that Ollie started out as a winger, so he's still learning the trade as a striker, tbf, I thought his work rate was phenomenal. 

McGinn looks like a 50 million player again and Cash must have give the watching, Southgate some food for thought. 

Upwards and onwards. 

I think you have a point.....I thought for a while Jack slowed things down, but him being such a talent, its somethings you keep to your self and I did.

but I see your point.

• Like 1

Â