Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/21 at 22:59

Really great stuff. Particularly with it so nearly going the way we all expected with the Utd penalty at the end (I can't have been the only one seeing a 2-1 loss as soon as Dean gave that).

Luiz and McGinn stood out most for us, I thought. Man Utd fans will be looking at them today and thinking why are we stuck with Fred and McTominay. I gave Luiz motm because his setpieces also v good and got the assist for the goal

Hause deserves credit because there are moments you see why he is a backup, but in general sticks to the task and did great for the goal. Great player to have in the squad. Defence in general kept Ronaldo and Fernandes very quiet, Pogba and Greenwood had their moments but their finishing wasn't there.

These feel like bonus points 'cause we never get anything here usually and with the injury to Bailey making it seem even less hopeful. Bodes well for season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

He was the other [far] side of deGea, behind him with the ball ahead, it would have been very harsh to be ruled offside. I think he did have a suspicion as the celebration was a little muted for a moment.

Surprised Dean didn’t try to shaft us.

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

wow, listening to Ole at the wheel moaning about us.

"the goal was offside"

"we were naughty getting about them while waiting for the penalty to be taken"

Exactly what the sky 4 have been doing for years. Then they don’t like it when villa come along, flip the script and give it back. He nervous, knows he’s been found out and not good enough for job. If he wasn’t ex manure he’d of been sacked ages ago.

Don't know about anyone else but I'm a wriggling mass of flesh trying to be composed after that win. Villa went there and the performance wasn't some blip - it was natural evolution of previous performances. We didn't have Bailey - we had Buendia on the bench - Ings compared to last season was the only new player - my god we will be dangerous when we click. And then the youngsters. DANGEROUS.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thunderball said:

You deserved that Thug, with our record you must have been mad!

1. I thought the odds were disrespectful 

2. the way we’ve been playing, I was very confident.  Should’ve beaten Chelsea twice and we steamrollered Everton.  7-1 was a no brainier. 🤪

• Like 1

Just now, Enda said:

Thing is, United have legitimate claims that Ollie was offside and we were naughty before the penalty.

But do I care? Do I ****.

We have legitimate claims that Ole and Ronaldo are smug motherf***ers and deserved to lose.

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

We have legitimate claims that Ole and Ronaldo are smug motherf***ers and deserved to lose.

Yep.

And Maguire should have been booked, and we had a free kick not given near their area in the first half, and nothing even looked at when Ollie was tripped in the box.

But United fans are so used to referee favourtism they think losing a 50-50 is a form of discrimination. 

• Like 1

Â