Ratings & Reactions: Man United v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/21 at 22:59

23 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

As a 40 year old man I probably shouldn’t have a favourite player but I do and for the last 2 years It’s been Hause. Not because he is the best player but because whenever we call upon him he gives everything and never ever lets us down and I have to say he really is turning into a good premier league defender.

as for the team including all the staff I think that was a perfect performance against Utd. I thought to a man we either matched or out thought and out player Utd. Top marks to all involved today and hats off to deano, shakey etc UTV

I too have a huge respect for Kortney.

I think he has shown in this game, how headed goals can be so special.....I also think he is the most proficient header of the ball ,we have.

Patience is this mans second name.....He deserves his magical moment.

I have heard, West Ham are sniffing.....I hope we keep him.

I really like the player.

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think he was implying that we, and martinez in particular, were time wasting. For me it’s just the hallmarks of a bad loser; sometimes you lose and you have to examine yourself, there’s no point crying about it. It’s exactly what I would tell my son; you can just expect life to let you win every time!

Completely agree. But to put another way, United can't expect Villa to let them win each season, as they believe is their right.

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you have a point.....I thought for a while Jack slowed things down, but him being such a talent, its somethings you keep to your self and I did.

but I see your point.

No-one has a divine right to play for us, no matter how good they are, even someone as good as Grealish. It was almost embarrassing at times watching us with him in the side. Our only tactic was to pass to him. It seems that we have done good business, flogging him to Man City for silly money and replacing him and making us a better side in the process 

43 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Completely agree. But to put another way, United can't expect Villa to let them win each season, as they believe is their right.

Exactly. The way OGS was talking it was like they had been wronged by the cosmos or like Man Ure are like some hard done by little minnows bullies by the big bad Aston Villa… what the F. We beat them, because we were better on the day, sometimes you have to take your medicine and accept that. But he doesn’t like the taste of it when he’s on the receiving end… how many dodgy decisions, fergie time and general shit have they got away with other the last 20 years!? 

• Like 1

The funniest thing about Ole's weird complaints about Villa players "surrounding" the ref/Fernandes is that they were literally fined £20,000 last season for hounding the referee in a game against Liverpool.😂

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hope this guy got out of OT in one piece.

https://www.facebook.com/242406782631247/posts/1717450188460225/

To be fair he's a dick head. If that was the other way around at VP or anywhere it would cause serious problems. He's a very lucky boy, if he got out!

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We just have to think its only 3 years we were treading water in the Championship and a few weeks before cabbage gate. The progress since then has been frankly quite remarkable.

Smith out! Am I right?

8 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

The penalty is rated as 0.76 so if you take off that usual dodgy United penalty it arguably gives a more accurate reflection of the game.

Yeah I was more surprised at ours. We scored a goal and then had 3/4 gilt edged chances and a series of half chances. I have no idea how Xg works but having seen the game and the stat it’s not giving me a lot of faith in the stat if that makes sense. 

• Like 2

Â