Energy Bills

Genie

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Has anyoneever used one of thos companies that automically switch you to best tariff? 

Yes, I use lookaftermybills, but it’s a waste of time at the moment. In general they are excellent. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yes, I use lookaftermybills, but it’s a waste of time at the moment. In general they are excellent. 

Thank you i wilk look into them. Even if they can do the cancellation process that eould be a help because i hate ringing british gas

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Thank you i wilk look into them. Even if they can do the cancellation process that eould be a help because i hate ringing british gas

You don’t need to cancel your current energy supplier when switching as the new supplier will do that. I’ve switch around 10 times over the past couple of decades and never needed to speak to any of them.

• 2 weeks later...

This is mental, I have boiler cover with Homeserve, it's fairly good but it's a newish boiler and we didn't claim this year, that said we always feel it's worth having. We paid 231 last year. The renewal is 498. Absolutely astonishing. We are moving to a different provider but **** me. That's a very expensive boiler servicing. 

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Price cap up by £698 from £1278 to £1971. This will tip a lot of people over the edge. 

Yep, pretty much my yearly disposable (games/films/entertainment etc…) gone. Just miserably existing for the foreseeable now to make sure bills are covered. I’m in a better position than some but you’d think working for one of the countries biggest employers would see you a bit better off.

• Like 1

We’re looking at holidays and I think it’s our holiday budget which is being cut to pay for energy. 
Cost of living means I’m just not putting money away to use for nice things like in the past.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’re looking at holidays and I think it’s our holiday budget which is being cut to pay for energy. 
Cost of living means I’m just not putting money away to use for nice things like in the past.

Haven't had a proper holiday (abroad) in 4 years and can't see it happening anytime soon. Stopped drinking and eating out during the darker times of COVID and not returned to going out that much, only very special occasions. Any spare cash was spent on home improvements and that's now starting to dry up as DIY stuff and tradesmen have hiked up their prices. I really feel for poorer families out there who don't have 2 coppers to rub together. Tough times ahead.

• Like 1

The government help in terms of energy bills is a £200 rebate in October to be repaid at £40 per year over 5 years. The price cap is again expected to rise in October by at least £200 so it still means a rise of at least £700 + £200 to be repaid over 5 years. Not helping at all are they. 

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The government help in terms of energy bills is a £200 rebate in October to be repaid at £40 per year over 5 years. The price cap is again expected to rise in October by at least £200 so it still means a rise of at least £700 + £200 to be repaid over 5 years. Not helping at all are they. 

Yep, a load of bollocks.

He should have cut the VAT like they said they would.

They must be making a shit load from tax on petrol, diesel, gas and electric all at record levels.

I guess MPs claim energy costs on expenses.

Edited by Genie

15 minutes ago, Xann said:

Capitalism + Brexit = More of the poorest at home getting stiffed

Didn't the traitor Farage mention that?

No, but it was pointed out with great frequency by the Remain camp. A majority of voters (including the poorest) still voted for it anyway.

There's only so much you can do when people refuse to listen to the warnings.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

There's only so much you can do when people refuse to listen to the warnings.

This point, and highlighting Farage's treachery in general, requires constant reiteration.

I'm still hopeful that an angry mob of his own duped voters will lynch him on the street.

20 minutes ago, Xann said:

This point, and highlighting Farage's treachery in general, requires constant reiteration.

I'm still hopeful that an angry mob of his own duped voters will lynch him on the street.

But they either won't accept they've been duped or are too stupid to realise.  That's the issue.

Â