Energy Bills

Genie

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

£1.47 a litre, part of the new normal. Along with higher Gas, electric and taxes. A stagnating economy, and a feud with the biggest trading block in the world. 

What a time to be alive.

I saw diesel at £1.72 on the motorway services today, standard is about £1.50 litre😳

Shocking to say the least. 

• Shocked 1

Haven't needed to fill up for a couple of weeks... but got to go tomorrow. Will check. Was 161.9p for V-Power petrol last time, which had stayed the same for a few weeks. I'm hoping it may have gone down a bit. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Haven't needed to fill up for a couple of weeks... but got to go tomorrow. Will check. Was 161.9p for V-Power petrol last time, which had stayed the same for a few weeks. I'm hoping it may have gone down a bit. 

Why V Power rather than normal petrol?

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

Cheap. My FOUR local garages are 3 x 155.9 and 1 x 150.9

The lower one is a Tesco

We aren't exactly that far from the refineries in Ellesmere Port either

Cheapest diesel near me is a Morrisons at 145.7, it’s been like that for about 2 weeks. 
We’re about 2 miles from the refineries at Kingsbury.

Edited by Genie

Just now, Genie said:

Cheapest near me is a Morrisons at 145.7, it’s been like that for about 2 weeks. 

That suggests some previous downward movement. Ours are still at the highest they've ever been, it's been well over a month now

1 minute ago, bickster said:

That suggests some previous downward movement. Ours are still at the highest they've ever been, it's been well over a month now

They stepped down by about 5p 2-3 weeks ago and have remained at this price. 

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Why V Power rather than normal petrol?

Primarily now its because V-power is E5 fuel and standard is E10, although previously before the standard fuel changed to E10, I used to use premium every 3 or 4 fills. Nowadays I exclusively use V-power, which I believe is the best quality fuel sold on UK forecourts (99 RON)

Also, I don't do that many miles (500 a month) and it's a reasonably high performance engine, with low miles, despite its age (nearly 15 years), so I like to take care of it. Does it drive better... perhaps, or maybe its the placebo effect?!

Fuel and tyres are two things I don't compromise on. Premium for both. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Primarily now its because V-power is E5 fuel and standard is E10, although previously before the standard fuel changed to E10, I used to use premium every 3 or 4 fills. Nowadays I exclusively use V-power, which I believe is the best quality fuel sold on UK forecourts (99 RON)

Also, I don't do that many miles (500 a month) and it's a reasonably high performance engine, with low miles, despite its age (nearly 15 years), so I like to take care of it. Does it drive better... perhaps, or maybe its the placebo effect?!

Fuel and tyres are two things I don't compromise on. Premium for both. 

Premium Tyres are a waste of money, they all get the same nails sticking through them from the badly loaded builders van on the way to the tip

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Premium Tyres are a waste of money, they all get the same nails sticking through them from the badly loaded builders van on the way to the tip

I’m averaging 1 puncture per decade of my driving life. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think i've only had that happen once in 23 years of driving. Had a couple of blowouts while driving (KW), but i've managed to avoid nail ridden streets in the main :)

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think i've only had that happen once in 23 years of driving. Had a couple of blowouts while driving (KW), but i've managed to avoid nail ridden streets in the main :)

3 or 4 a year I reckon

I am sure boomers will welcome the return of high energy prices, so the younger generation will get to experience the tyranny which they enjoyed in their youth, as regards the anxiety about the household electricity bill, and the polar conditions which resulted from the obsession with the need to economise.

It seems certain that it won't be long before Millennials reinstitute the family tribunals which used to investigate the heinous crime of leaving the landing light on.

Every child will be told, that for every landing light left on, another Pacific islander drowns.

Â