Match Thread: LC3: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, jim said:

Something else we agree on 😉

Our record signing and he hasn’t looked 100% since he arrived. I know he hasn’t played for a few weeks but that’s on him. 

I think with Ings, Watkins and Bailey he will prosper, he just needs games. Very disrupted start so far for everyone 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

I'm not...  He is best on the right and poor in the center, Norwich fans told us this.

I'm not sure he gets faster and stronger out wide. 

That's my concern at the moment. He physically doesn't look like a prem player at the moment. 

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

He’s also a little bit off the pace because of not playing for a while and off match fitness. He’s also working very hard off the ball

Yep biggest plus tonight is his workrate and pressing, needs to find his touch though

Just now, villa4europe said:

What I'm suggesting is that compare archer vs werner and there's not been a lot to split them

But look at the level that they're both at, ones a kid making his 1st ever appearance vs a PL team the other is a full international 

Archer is where you would expect to be in his development 

I get your point there but Archer has had 2 good if not excellent chances to hit the back of the net and not taken them. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure he gets faster and stronger out wide. 

That's my concern at the moment. He physically doesn't look like a prem player at the moment. 

That can be changed, at least vision and guile are his instinctive traits.

• Like 1