Jude Bellingham

TRO

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

i do too

i also dont really care that he played for them lot down the road, in fact almost the opposite, i think its funny that a world class talent will at some point be labelled as the greatest player in that clubs history played 40 games for them and was sold for a paltry £25m, it should be obvious by now that his talent was not dependent on them developing him and that he came through their academy but any notion that they "produced him" is laughable 

a generational english talent who IMHO will go on to be better than scholes lampard and gerrard played 40 games and left at 17 years old yet he's the best player to ever play for them...that's not something that should be celebrated 

villa fans should look past it

I think Trevor Francis will always be the greatest player to have ever played for them given what Francis did at 16 scoring all those goals and subsequently going on to do what he did for the club plus first million pound player and winner in European Cup final.

Bellingham is no doubt the star of English football and will become the one of the all time greats like Bobby Charlton but for Blues Francis will always be the greatest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i do too

i also dont really care that he played for them lot down the road, in fact almost the opposite, i think its funny that a world class talent will at some point be labelled as the greatest player in that clubs history played 40 games for them and was sold for a paltry £25m, it should be obvious by now that his talent was not dependent on them developing him and that he came through their academy but any notion that they "produced him" is laughable 

a generational english talent who IMHO will go on to be better than scholes lampard and gerrard played 40 games and left at 17 years old yet he's the best player to ever play for them...that's not something that should be celebrated 

villa fans should look past it

I think now that he's gone to Madrid and had the impact he's had, he's arguably on the level of those three already. Scary how good he could become

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I think Trevor Francis will always be the greatest player to have ever played for them given what Francis did at 16 scoring all those goals and subsequently going on to do what he did for the club plus first million pound player and winner in European Cup final.

Bellingham is no doubt the star of English football and will become the one of the all time greats like Bobby Charlton but for Blues Francis will always be the greatest.

Trying to think of another example of where a fan base claim a world class player as their own despite the fact that he wasn't world class for them

That's what I was getting at, he will be the greatest player to ever be associated to them but he wasn't that good for them

Honest... Ronaldo at utd would be one for me... He was good at utd, really good, but he wasn't in the conversation for greatest player ever insanely good until he got to Madrid

In 20 years time when they poll the fans I bet Bellingham is in the top 3 blues players and he really shouldn't be, they should be embarrassed with that nonsense

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Trying to think of another example of where a fan base claim a world class player as their own despite the fact that he wasn't world class for them

That's what I was getting at, he will be the greatest player to ever be associated to them but he wasn't that good for them

Honest... Ronaldo at utd would be one for me... He was good at utd, really good, but he wasn't in the conversation for greatest player ever insanely good until he got to Madrid

In 20 years time when they poll the fans I bet Bellingham is in the top 3 blues players and he really shouldn't be, they should be embarrassed with that nonsense

Yep

Best players to have played for the club is a lot different to best players at the club.

Pires, Joe Cole and Schmeichel would be in the conversation for the first category for us :D 

13 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I certainly don’t but the knuckledraggers are still jizzing over him and he’s been at two teams since he got outta small heath as quick as his legs would carry him.

They go on about him any chance they get.

Funny, actually reminds me of some of the posters here and a certain topic in “other football “ 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Appreciation for a well performing ex employee of a club you support is normal and reasonable.

Bellingham is the next Modric/Zidane. I have no doubt about it. Good on him, he is incredible and plays like a 28 year old.

Now, the problem starts when people idolise players - social media definitely play a part in this. It's better to just appreciate their game. 

And I do not have any hard feeling about Birmingham being proud they helped develop one of the best midfielders of world football. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

The facts are speaking for themselves, hard not to hype him up.

It's not hype at this point - he's doing it.

It's difficult to reach the heights he's already reached at such a young age. Haaland is not hyped up either. He consistently performs above expected levels.

He's not in the category of players like Dele Ali or Phillips or Sterling. Those were/are the hyped up players. 

Bellingham can't go any higher, it's just a matter of how many trophies he will add to his name over the next 15 years. 

• Like 1

I was the second person to mention him on this forum, when he left bc he was already a very good player, them retiring his shirt wasn't crazy because he was average - I remember people kept referencing his goals and assists, it was crazy because retiring a player's shirt is usually reserved for those that have stayed with a club for a long time and become legends, as in all time greats, or have tragically died.

He's a very good player everyone knows, some Villa fans act like they deserve a medal for saying so, or feel they have to bring up that he was once a small heath player and apologize for that before speaking of him in glowing terms.

He's reached higher heights than even I imagined, bearing in mind when he was at small heath I thought he could go somewhere like Man Utd, and actually get plenty of game time for them, he instead went to Dortmand and did similar, but he's now transcended even that.

Edited by useless

15 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't think anyone really gives a toss about Jude Bellendingham.

I do. The fact he came through the academy at the Blues is neither here nor there. I think it was class of him to sign pro forms there so they’d get a fee for him when he could literally have left for free if he’d waited 24 hours.   Fast forward three years and he’s arguably Real Madrid’s best player, if he maintains these levels (and not everybody does, just look at Dele Ali) then he’s the next England captain when Kane retires and if he helps England do well then I’m 100% behind him. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, useless said:

I was the second person to mention him on this forum, when he left bc he was already a very good player, them retiring his shirt wasn't crazy because he was average - I remember people kept referencing his goals and assists, it was crazy because retiring a player's shirt is usually reserved for those that have stayed with a club for a long time and become legends, as in all time greats, or have tragically died.

Think they retired his shirt because he could've gone to Man U for free and esrnt a lot more money for himself, but chose Dortmund which got them £25m and got the club out of a pretty dire financial hole.

I mean, it's still laughable, but it provides some context 

He couldn't have gone to Man Utd for free, at least not when he signed for Dortmund, as by then he'd already signed a professional deal with small heath, that's what his family deserve credit for, they signed that deal so the club that helped develop him got some financial reward, so for that they're well deserving of small heath's thanks, but retiring the shirt was way over the top, and probably done by bc owners at the time because of thinking it would put them in good humour with the fanbase, but obviously backfired in a big way.

When new owners came in one of the things they stated was that in future if they're to retire a shirt they will put it to a fan vote, so they recognize now as a club it was the wrong thing to do and have made point of reassuring their fans it won't happen again, at least not without a vote.

That it was over the top to retire his shirt, doesn't take away from what a good player he was and the even better player he has become, or that it was an incedible gesture from him and his family to sign professional terms and some say pretty much save them at the time from financial meltdown

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

He really is coming along. Another couple of years developing at this rate and he will be about ready to join us.

Yes, a good old fashion Craig Gardner style 'I've always been a Villan' would be quite hillarious.

The unwashed will tear down the bridge and bring the shirt number back out of retirement!

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Dugarry would probably still be in the top 3 players for them based on winning the World cup and playing for elite teams like AC Milan and Marseille. He came in and played big part in keeping them up and then couldn't be bothered anymore the next season.

Bellingham will win the Balon D'or within next 5 years given the club he's at.

If SHA want to claim that as a moral victory then just let them. We had Grealish who actually achieved promotion and kept us up and now it's complete indifference to what he's doing at Man. City (from my part anyway!).

If Bellingham wins as much at Real Madrid as Grealish has already done at Man. City then he's done very well anyway.

It will be good to see two brummies hopefully playing staring roles for the national team in near future as Ramsey will be a regular under the next manager, very sure on that given how much he's improved under Emery.

Edited by VillaChris

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Dugarry would probably still be in the top 3 players for them based on winning the World cup and playing for elite teams like AC Milan and Marseille. He came in and played big part in keeping them up and then couldn't be bothered anymore the next season.

Bellingham will win the Balon D'or within next 5 years given the club he's at.

If SHA want to claim that as a moral victory then just let them. We had Grealish who actually achieved promotion and kept us up and now it's complete indifference to what he's doing at Man. City (from my part anyway!).

If Bellingham wins as much at Real Madrid as Grealish has already done at Man. City then he's done very well anyway.

It will be good to see two brummies hopefully playing staring roles for the national team in near future as Ramsey will be a regular under the next manager, very sure on that given how much he's improved under Emery.

Dugarry done none of the things for them though. Mikael Forssell for example should be a club legend

21 hours ago, useless said:

He couldn't have gone to Man Utd for free, at least not when he signed for Dortmund, as by then he'd already signed a professional deal with small heath

That’s the thing though. As I understand it he couldn’t legally sign professional forms until his 17th birthday, which was June 29th. Transfer window opened on July 1st. He would have been a free agent for 24 hours and then could have gone anywhere for free or whatever fee a tribunal would have set (which would have been next to nothing) but he chose to sign professional forms at Blues because he didn’t want to screw them over. 

Â