January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

4 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

He may not have been at fault for the goal following Sanson's pass but do u not think he could have done more to stop Bruno? 

And Konsa could of stop the McTominy goal in the cup but didn't and stood there looking like a statue

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Sky saying that Newcastle are competing with one other PL club for CB Carlos. It would be funny if Villa signed him and he said he took less money at Villa than signing for Toon :)

I’ve never seen him play but his 29 in March and has never had a Brazil cap. May be a late bloomer but wouldn’t surprise me if he’s playing in the championship next season.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve never seen him play but his 29 in March and has never had a Brazil cap. May be a late bloomer but wouldn’t surprise me if he’s playing in the championship next season.

I agree, the only thing I like about signing him is that it would be funny to see the meltdown on Toon. I wouldn't actually like to sign him. I quite fancy Webster from Brighton. I wanted us to push the signing through when we were interested in him when he was at Bristol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I agree, the only thing I like about signing him is that it would be funny to see the meltdown on Toon. I wouldn't actually like to sign him. I quite fancy Webster from Brighton. I wanted us to push the signing through when we were interested in him when he was at Bristol

It’s amazing they could actually offer higher wages than us at that point. Maupay chose them over us. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s amazing they could actually offer higher wages than us at that point. Maupay chose them over us. 

I was surprised with that, I thought that with the relationship between Maupay and Deano meant he was nailed on to join us

3 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Adama Traore is a bodybuilder with the brain of a Jack Russell. Once Buendia is settled in, which is already properly happening now, he'll be streets ahead.

deleted...on second thoughts

Edited by OLDVILLAIN
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I'm just impatient.

Same here, your previous posts are spot on too. Again, it’s all about balance.

One thing that’s annoying me is that I keep seeing fans talking about “next season”, this season is by no means over and we can still achieve something and need to form some kind of momentum heading into the next.

I want us to win as many games as possible and finish as high as we can, to make the most out of the remaining games.

It’s all well and good signing players and the excitement it brings but we need to WIN GAMES!! 😆 And to go on some kind of run.

We should (and I believe we are) be aiming to try to finish somewhere in the top half of the table or get close. Losing games and finishing in a low position makes us less attractive to players we’re looking to sign and will upset or place doubts in the minds of our better players too…

If we keep losing, we keep sliding and we could get stuck in a rut. Defensively, we need to be much better. I expect us to improve in attack anyway, with the recent acquisitions, and certain players form should hopefully improve.

Drop a CF from the side and….

SIGN A DM!!! 🤣

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Same here, you’re previous posts are spot on. Again, it’s all about balance.

One thing that’s annoying me is that I keep seeing fans talking about “next season”, this season is by no means over and we can still achieve something and need to form some kind of momentum heading into the next.

I want us to win as many games as possible and finish as high as we can, to make the most out of the remaining games.

It’s all well and good signing players and the excitement it brings but we need to WIN GAMES!! 😆 And to go on some kind of run. We should (and I believe we are) be aiming to try to finish somewhere in the top half of the table or get close. Losing games and finishing in a low position makes us less attractive to players we’re looking to sign too and will upset or place doubts in the minds of our better players too…

If we keep losing, we keep sliding and we could get stuck in a rut. Defensively, we need to be much better. I expect us to improve in attack anyway, with the recent acquisitions, and certain players form should hopefully improve.

Drop a CF from the side and….

SIGN A DM!!! 🤣

Also there are always plenty of posts in the summer about not signing too many players at the same time because it will take them three months to gel.  Usually from the same people who moan about signings in January being too expensive.  So let's just sign a ****ing DM now and be done with it!

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We were not beaten on wages by Brighton. Smith said at the time that they didn't feel his transfer fee was value for money so didn't match Brighton offer. It never got to the contract stage. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I'm just impatient.

I’m also concerned about the lack of height and physicality/strength in our side. I know some people joke about that too but it’s a point worth considering…

I love small, diminutive, skilful players but it goes back to balance yet again. The only physically imposing player/starter we have is Mings… we’re often outmuscled or overpowered (particularly in midfield) against many teams. We could do with a bit more help.

Tbf, we have a leader and organiser in goal (Martinez), and in defence (Mings)… we could really do with the same in midfield…

Even Barca had the likes of Busquets, Puyol and Pique to go along with the skill and trickery of Messi, Villa, Xavi and Iniesta. Prime Arsenal had Petit and Vieira…

You have to compete and fight to win games, skill can be the deciding factor but you also have to be prepared for the physical battle and scrap at times.

We need a bit more help and the balance just isn’t right. A player who has strength and can hold off players while being composed on the ball, as well as provide a screen for our defence, would give us a huge boost.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Given the players we have now where would you play him? He can’t play CDM and SG is against buying ‘names’ to sit on the bench.

Given that Gerrard wants 2 quality players for every position then I would fully expect "9 Names' to sit on the bench. 

28 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

just seen on twitter mings isnt part of summer plans

As long as he's part of our plans for next season, the summer is his, to do as he pleases (within reason);):

image.jpeg.2079f92fb3cfa270f020758e3f9ec510.jpeg

• Haha 1