January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

On 09/12/2021 at 11:41, Vive_La_Villa said:

One player id love is Raphinha. Such a quality player but maybe not quite good enough for the top 3 clubs. So it’s case of the likes of United, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester eventually going in for him.  We need to one day try and compete with these teams for signings. 

to be fair we did, we beat Arsenal to Buendia.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently they pulled out as Norwich were trying to start a bidding war. 

I think it more was Delia saying "right Mr. Kroenke, sugar daddies Sawiris and Edens here are giving me the Moola up front, not your £3,000 per month for a period 1,000 months nonsense. So where are you? Let's be havin' you."

At least I think that they were the quotes from the piece in The Athletic.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Whilst we're talking either ridiculous or impossible signings, Joao Felix wants out of Atleti

googled it to see why

daily mail going with "newcastle placed on red alert" 😂😂

seriously though if atleti want to recoup their money i dont think there's that much of a market for him, linked with utd which would be hilarious and liverpool which probably would fit on the pitch but doesnt match their spending 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently they pulled out as Norwich were trying to start a bidding war. 

im fairly sure it was the opposite, Arsenal were fannying around with bids and we went in and said, "name your price that will guarantee acceptance and rejection of all other bids", and an agreement was made.

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Terrible footballer, but much more importantly I will never ever forgive that scumbag for what he did at Elland Road. 

1000%

Still makes my blood boil when I see it.

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I couldn't believe it when I read today that Dele Ali is on 150 grand a week. I hope we aren't stupid enough to sign him on loan.

He’s done I think. Had 2/3 very good seasons and has done nothing of note for going on 3 years now. 

I have no idea if he just needs a change of club but it would be a huge financial risk bringing him in.

Can see him going to Newcastle on a 4yr deal for 100k a week or some nonsense like that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I couldn't believe it when I read today that Dele Ali is on 150 grand a week. I hope we aren't stupid enough to sign him on loan.

That right there is why it's so hard to catch up to those teams.

Because it's very expensive to sign your better players onto long contracts.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s done I think. Had 2/3 very good seasons and has done nothing of note for going on 3 years now. 

I have no idea if he just needs a change of club but it would be a huge financial risk bringing him in.

Can see him going to Newcastle on a 4yr deal for 100k a week or some nonsense like that. 

Agree with you on the financial element but he's definitely not done. 

He is a confidence player, he needs to feel loved and feel like he's one of the big dogs at a club to succeed. Mourinho did a classic Mourinho job on shutting him out when he doesn't like someone. 

Daniel Levy should have let him leave on loan last January. By not doing so he's paid him a years wages for nothing and further damaged his already fragile confidence. 

Teaming up with Gerrard could be a masterstroke, but like you say, it will come with a moohassive financial outlay. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That right there is why it's so hard to catch up to those teams.

Because it's very expensive to sign your better players onto long contracts.

At the time of signing him up, I'm pretty sure he was being touted as an £80m+ player, linked to the likes of Madrid. 
Just shows how very wrong you can get it as a club. Or, very right but how easily it is to be burned by the player once they've signed a new deal.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

He is a confidence player, he needs to feel loved and feel like he's one of the big dogs at a club to succeed. Mourinho did a classic Mourinho job on shutting him out when he doesn't like someone. 

Daniel Levy should have let him leave on loan last January. By not doing so he's paid him a years wages for nothing and further damaged his already fragile confidence. 

Teaming up with Gerrard could be a masterstroke, but like you say, it will come with a moohassive financial outlay. 

Yeh, you could be right Steero. That said, I've oddly never been that impressed with him in an England shirt, even when he was at the height of his good form. 

We won't be signing him anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You and Matt Law must share a single brain.