The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Dean was backed repeatedly by owners and has always been backed by fans at VP and away fans. The issue was - as much as everyone wanted it to be a success - he wasn't good enough, he fell just short of what we need right now. 

If you think that every one backed Smith think again, we had odd ones on VT who didn't support the bloke. You then go look deeper and there is a place called social media with places like twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more than have had Villa fans express there hate. Like I said in a post just because alot of us come on VT and most are decent to talk to and it's a good community, away from this site it's not as rosey as people make out.

Smith was backed by Owners all through, back by his staff, back by alot of fans but there are also many fans who wanted someone different in, better. The thing is the Owners will have some teams monitoring the chatter of these sites and what they are looking for is a change of opinion which will help them ultimately make there mind up if much has gone wrong like it has done this season. The fans are the life of a club and you can bet assured comments are being monitored and flagged and if the hate is flying high or support is dwindling its only going to spar the Owners into action 

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

And telling people to grow up and sniping at them because they give a view is being grown up is it??

I didn't say everyone has not given there support to Smith because there has been a good portion who have. There is also another side of the fence than the one you paint, one where people have been wanting someone else in or jumped on the hate Smith hate train. Just because the hate train is not seen on VT doesn't mean there isn't a hate train there for a player or manager and if you go dig deep enough on social media you usually come across it easy enough. The denial is as bad as researchers and scientists saying the world is going to crap because of us humans and the governments down play it like its none existent.

Your sniping comments are ridiculous by the way, there's a mirror in bound for you free of charge 🤣. The people in this thread that have got all up in arms over nothing and somehow need to justify how good a supporter they are is crackers. It's like people these days always have to one up the other person and be better.

Truth is the Pete was getting something off his chest what he feels and believes is right and sure you don't have to agree with him, he's not expecting everyone to. There is however the way people talk to others and people calling Pete a prick or what other names that have been thrown out for giving his view is pretty low. We all expect to be heard do we not and would it hurt for people just to be respectful like you would expect respect back for your opinion??

"I didn't say everyone has not given there support to Smith"  "Certain folk would just like to not acknowledge that we has a fan base along with Smith, players, Staff have all collectively failed this time"

You need to read your own posts. 

I made the point I have nothing to apologise or feel guilty about. That's not better fan nonsense, that's highlighting that not everyone should have blame apportioned to them. That many are invested in the club, and far more so than a few cretins on social media. You painted the picture in your head as did your mate Pete that the fans "collectively" were in some way responsible for Smith's sacking. If you want to do stuff like that then expect a response to your nonsense. I'm not interested in digging deep on social media either, I'll leave that to those more a slave to the bullshit. Oh, and keep the mirror, so you can cry to yourself about how everyone is to blame for letting poor Dean down. 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He did come across as an arrogant prick who blames other fans for not being as illuminated as him. He came across like a fool. Thats fine, more power to him so do we all on occasion.

If he wants to insult the fans on his channel then he should expect some feedback :) And thats perfectly fine as well.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

Totally! He has every right to have a good rant! He can even have opinions about society, we all do. His feelings are entirely valid. He just shouldn't claim his beliefs as being objectively true, they are not. The "hysterical" (his label) fans who are insulted by him have every right to have a rant back at him as well. Its all good. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

He's taken down his original, and its replacement and added a new video.

My memory isn't that good, but from what I can tell here's what changed:

• He's lessened his rant about society and social media (it's still there, but toned down a bit)
  • He's lambasted Purslow and picked his comments to pieces

the rest is about the same. Again, I find it hard to disagree with him on most of it (but that's likely because I'm firmly in the "older" demographic 😉)

Here's the video:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think that he could have claimed the decision being based on "hysteria" up until Southampton. Once you see 3 strikers on the field after that many losses in a row it is clear that it is desperate and doesn't bode well for the higher-ups having confidence in Smith.

I am a fan of Smith and continue to have my reservations about Purslow. There is something that I just don't like about the way he conducts himself. However, having been around enough football I have come to understand that just as often as not the attitude and conduct that I find off-putting actually gets results (Maybe Ferguson is a good example of this).

I think Holy Trinity produces great content and is obviously quite upset at what has happened. That is the life of a football fan.

• Like 4

He's had time to make a new video and is still ranting about hysteria. 18 losses in 2021 is a sharp decline in form and legitimate sporting grounds to remove the head coach. He needs to accept that, whatever his own opinion was on the situation. 

• Like 4

You've watched video from a show called The Holy Trinity and are surprised it's sanctimonious and preachy? Wait till you read/hear the stuff based on the original Holy Trinity. Now that's preachy.

• Haha 3

On 09/11/2021 at 18:47, ciggiesnbeer said:

He did come across as an arrogant prick who blames other fans for not being as illuminated as him. He came across like a fool. Thats fine, more power to him so do we all on occasion.

If he wants to insult the fans on his channel then he should expect some feedback :) And thats perfectly fine as well.

He reminds me of the bloke who used to sit lower trinity near me.

Everytime the crowd would shout at the ref for a supposed wrong decision he would shake his head and mutter or gesture something like "he got it right" or "yes, that's not a foul"

You are so much enlightened and educated than the rest of us emotional erratic folks!!!

God I hated that rocket polisher. This trinity bloke too.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He reminds me of the bloke who used to sit lower trinity near me.

Everytime the crowd would shout at the ref for a supposed wrong decision he would shake his head and mutter or gesture something like "he got it right" or "yes, that's not a foul"

You are so much enlightened and educated than the rest of us emotional erratic folks!!!

God I hated that rocket polisher. This trinity bloke too.

People who moan about every decision just for the sake of it are **** annoying though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t watched the video so I may be wide of the mark, apologies in advance. However, I listen and watch a fair bit of Villa fan content as you can imagine and there is a general trend that when we are winning - every bit of content is amazing. When we are losing then it all starts to turn to shit, mainly in the comments section! Which is understandable as emotions are usually running high. It’s not that deep imo.

I don't really disagree with anything he said there to be honest, except for how incredulous he sounds that Smith was sacked. Not many managers in this league survive 5 defeats in a row, certainly none whose clubs have European aspirations. I do agree that looking at 2021 as a whole is a bit of a convenient non sequitur as it encompasses 2 different seasons with different circumstances and rings especially hollow from Purslow given that he gave such a glowing review of our last full season.

• Like 1

Â