The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

2 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Looks that way. Must have taken the criticism to heart. 

I think he must've misread his audience. You cannot slate those you want to view your content and make them out to be idiots. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think he must've misread his audience. You cannot slate those you want to view your content and make them out to be idiots. 

He shouldn't hide from his opinion though, he's entitled to it. We just don't agree with this week's opinion. 

2 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

He shouldn't hide from his opinion though, he's entitled to it. We just don't agree with this week's opinion. 

I'd actually respect him more for leaving the video up. Now I just think he's another, 'just for the likes' type podcast. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Yeah I turned it off after 4 mins. Basically blames Villa fans for Smith being let go when nobody hounded him out at all. Fans were split on what to do and the owners made the decision for sporting reasons which you can understand. 2021 results were bad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah I turned it off after 4 mins. Basically blames Villa fans for Smith being let go when nobody hounded him out at all. Fans were split on what to do and the owners made the decision for sporting reasons which you can understand. 2021 results were bad. 

We got slapped up last Sunday at home. Nobody gave Smith abuse even though everyone knew his time was virtually up. Most fans 99.9% have shown the bloke nothing but respect.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

We got slapped up last Sunday at home. Nobody gave Smith abuse even though everyone knew his time was virtually up. Most fans 99.9% have shown the bloke nothing but respect.

Yep and we'll all have fond memories of his time as manager of Villa. No manager leaves Villa on good terms yet we all look back on Gregory or Littles or Big Ron's time fondly. Smith will be the first manager in a long time we can do that about.

The sporting reasons were obvious, form fell apart at the turn of the year and we managed a couple of wins at end of season to mask that. We then started this season terribly, we recovered a little bit and then it got worse. I think the board probably decided even if he turned it around his overall performance in the three seasons didn't merit a contract extension. So it's better to bring in a new coach to get to know the squad this season for a fresh go at top 6 next season

• Like 1

It’s still up here in Australia, unless it’s been edited, watched it about 90mins ago.

Didnt think he was having a shot at supporters more the hysteria of social media.

Thought Smith was in trouble, there was a change after the Wolves game IMO,  but he still deserved more time.

For me he was honest and heartfelt and respect him for putting out his opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Shame you turned off.

You missed:

- McGinn and Mings not being good enough and needing replacing

- Purslow's reputation

- The lack of a ready replacement

- The general trend of clubs doing worse when managers are replaced mid season

- Lange and our imbalanced squad

All of which are good points, even if you don't agree with his take on society (and, for what it's worth, as an old man who's career is in technology - I agree with him).

Despite all this, not many managers survive losing 5 in a row. I hoped Dean Smith would be able to stop the rot, but I have little confidence in how we are playing. I thought he was done when we lost 4-0 to Leicester but Covid saved him. There was nothing to save him this time.

I've not watched it but I would say that its been my view for a while that a big part of our limitation is Mings and McGinn. They remain the last thread of continuity on the promotion side so sentiment must play a part particularly with Dean Smith, so maybe this can be assessed objectively by whoever comes in. Incidentally, not saying sell them, but I think an improvement here moves us forward: a more progressive Centreback who is comfortable on the ball and doesnt have the clangers; and a midfielder who plays with his head-up and can hold on to the ball and dictate play relieves the pressure on the rest of the team and adds fluidity from defence to attack. I genuinely think this is where we are wrong and where many of those succeeding (particularly West Ham) have got this right.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

probably the first time i'm disagreeing with him. carney chukwumeka is not signing a new contract because Deano brought young on in CM instead of him, not because we've sacked deano

i didnt detect much hysteria from the fans either. maybe he's looking on twitter too much. i get it's difficult to get the vibe of the fanbase when you're thousands of miles away and not in the stadiums but surely get facts right?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

probably the first time i'm disagreeing with him. carney chukwumeka is not signing a new contract because Deano brought young on in CM instead of him, not because we've sacked deano

i didnt detect much hysteria from the fans either. maybe he's looking on twitter too much. i get it's difficult to get the vibe of the fanbase when you're thousands of miles away and not in the stadiums but surely get facts right?

Think the point he was making regarding Carney and other youth was that under a new manager, who will be under pressure to get results, may not give him the playing time Smith has and may play a part in him not signing a new contract.

Didn’t have a problem with his comments, it’s his opinion, you don’t have to agree with it and some of it I certainly don’t, but creates debate and not always a bad thing.

• Like 1

Well, at least he was right about lockdowns so he has that going for him. But his whole general argument can be summed up by him asking what Dean Smith could do about the ball bouncing off Matty Cash's arse for Southampton's goal. 

Won the rest of the game, presumably. 

I found the whole "Dean Smith is a passenger" argument generally, from all comers, to be grating. 

3 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

As another posted pointed out though, highly emotional time.

I think Pete is actually a Football coach himself as well? So might see the flip side of the coin too, so it might hit close to home for him.

Make no mistake, this scenario and how it turned out, wasn't the ideal scenario for any of us.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

This guy's videos keep popping up in my YouTube feed so I keep watching them due to lack of having anything better to watch. Still don't really care about his content though.

Sthough I think that says more about me than him necessarily. I don't get the appeal of listening to some random fan talk about issues surrounding the club. 

I appreciate his production value and eloquence but feel like it masks the fact that he has some proper weird takes sometimes and people just ignore them because he's so good at presenting his points. But on the other hand, I wouldn't like it either if he was just a shill that only says things other people want to hear. He can't win either way with me which again is why I don't care about this form of content.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

6 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Not really....He's starting to come across as a sanctimonious prick. 

- McGinn and Mings not being good enough and needing replacing - Like nobody knows. Everyone has been debating this for 2 years. Why mention it now. 

- Purslow's reputation - FA wrong with it atm.

- The lack of a ready replacement - How would he know what is happening?  What was we suppose to do roll Smith out and someone else in at the same time.

- The general trend of clubs doing worse when managers are replaced mid season - SO WHAT? Not all teams. And is this an excuse to do nothing whilst getting worse.

- Lange and our imbalanced squad - I can talk about that on VT. 

Commenting that most fans haven't kicked a ball so don't have a clue....then going into the nobody coming in will care about the players, It's their fault because their not good enough, who needs replacing. We didn't get the players JG wanted, therefore it's the boards fault. Hope the fans are proud of themselves now that Smith is gone.....That is the summary of this podcast. A bloke trashing the media then acting like a drama queen himself making out fans are all sheep and don't understand the implications and situation we are in. That everyone other than Dean himself is responsible for this. 

I thought his first couple of podcasts were decent but as time has moved on he coming across as more of a prick by the week. Like he is the only fan that knows anything and anyone who doesn't share his view are idiots or ill informed. Most fans have made informed opinions on current events over the last 18 months and beyond, not 5 games and him insinuating that makes him look very foolish imo.

He talks about narrative but pushes his own pretty well to be honest. Should stick to whiskey and flicking plastic footballers about. 

He's entitled to a different opinion and because he's not hurling out the correct words you want him to say so you can agree with it, it all makes him a prick does it?? 

I don't agree with all of his opinions, he's no more qualified to talk than any random VT poster, but I generally think it's a decent show, and the production quality is fantastic, so I check it out every now and then.

Â