The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

4 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I must admit ... I don't know that bit of slang and I grew up there in the sixties and seventies.  Having said that my parents were foreign. 

The one word that sets Brummies apart for me is "outdoor". Literally had one across the the road from me. Mum would get me to go a cross the road for her fags. Never a problem getting them under age.

On my travels in the UK no one else seem to use outdoor. Don't see many of them about these days.

I will PM you, until someone gets it.....Google will tell you though.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Dave, I sit next but one to Carl Chinn, so well versed in all the lingo, my mother was black country too......The one I like is a "Bob Howler"

how many folk know what one of them is?....even some brummies struggle, well the young 'uns.

I think its spelt "Bobowler" mate, you do mean large Moth right? 

I liked phrazes like "Going round the Wreckin" which means taking the long rambling distance around a route or taking to long to explain something.

Ackers- Money

I think most will know Barmey.

A face as long as Livery streets- means someone looks miserable.

This ain't getting a baby a frock or pinny- means this is not getting us nowhere and its wasting our time.

Donnies- hands

It's a bit black over Bill's mother- The sky is dark and it's going to rain ( My uncle Bill used to say it to me when I were a little nipper) it used to confuse me and because he worked in the forges I'd say your Mucky Uncle Bill but your mothers not lol.

Back of Rackhams- famous Red light spot once at the back of Rackhams for prostitution now House of Frazer if it's still there that is? Anyone know if it is or not?  'She'll be round the back o'Rackhams' if someone's accused of prostitution or I'll end up at the back o'Rackhams' if she felt like she were being forced into prostitution.

I still say "Bostin" to this day and because I now live in yorkshire I screw some peoples heads up with it.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/08/2021 at 21:27, PieFacE said:

I really like the production levels and the content. His videos are excellent.

BUT... I can't take his accent seriously when discussing football. It just sounds so wrong. That might make me a terrible person but it's true.

Still watch his content tho cos the content itself is very good. 

Same here. His accent really grates on me, but like you I put with it because:

1. It’s not his fault he’s Canadian 

2. His content is very well made 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I liked phrazes like "Going round the Wreckin" which means taking the long rambling distance around a route or taking to long to explain something.

Ackers- Money

This ain't getting a baby a frock or pinny- means this is not getting us nowhere and its wasting our time.

Donnies- hands

It's a bit black over Bill's mother- The sky is dark and it's going to rain ( My uncle Bill used to say it to me when I were a little nipper) it used to confuse me and because he worked in the forges I'd say your Mucky Uncle Bill but your mothers not lol.

Back of Rackhams- famous Red light spot once at the back of Rackhams for prostitution now House of Frazer if it's still there that is? Anyone know if it is or not?  'She'll be round the back o'Rackhams' if someone's accused of prostitution or I'll end up at the back o'Rackhams' if she felt like she were being forced into prostitution.

I still say "Bostin" to this day and because I now live in yorkshire I screw some peoples heads up with it.

spot on.

You could be right Dave...but I think it can be spelt either way....How many in Yorkshire would know that.

ask for a cob and they will say do you mean a roll....we could go on.

Bostin' Dave.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah seems it just come out today, or late last night. I've been wondering wher eit was as well.

|Balanced and objective analysis. does point out some issues as well.

Yes he does bring up some good points and the issues involving them.

I like how deep he gets into it all, it's like he's a Canadian man born in the wrong country, Pete your place is in the Black country mate. Apparently they have a big Villa following around where he lives which is lovely to know.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/09/2021 at 23:51, Dave-R said:

Ackers- Money

Donnies- hands

On the subject of back of Rackhams the label “she’s had more pricks than a second-hand dart board” was used on ladies who, as my old mom would say, were no better than they should be.

42 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I like listening to this. It reminds me our fanbase aren't all going crazy and demanding change right now. 

I've calmed down myself to be fair.

Still have concerns, but not blowing a gasket anymore lmao.

I really hope we can have a good run and performances now to make us all look stupid.

Beers deep in emotion with a terrible performance is rarely a good combo. lol

" Dean Smith should now start to worry about results, more than the happiness of his players, and get back to our identity ", spot on as well.

Axel out.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Â