The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

• 2 weeks later...

The scuffing clearly shows lol.

I think Pete's right we need to start shooting from outside the box, we just don't do it enough and do to much to work it as close to goal as we can.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

Another one Mings has fooled with his pesky ways 😂

In all seriousness great stuff again from him, largely agree with him but even when I don't who cares, does what he does well and definitely the best Villa content creator out there for me.

• Like 2

I have watched all his video's from the get go.

I love his presentation.

as for agreeing with him, mostly I do.....but who cares, you can't agree with everything someone says....thats a part of learning

Pete is my favourite podcaster......I think he will raise the bar for others.

• Like 4

On 29/08/2021 at 21:27, PieFacE said:

I really like the production levels and the content. His videos are excellent.

BUT... I can't take his accent seriously when discussing football. It just sounds so wrong. That might make me a terrible person but it's true.

Still watch his content tho cos the content itself is very good. 

i agree but i feel the same way about english accents talking NFL...it sounds weird

they even americanise the way they say defence by pronouncing as deeefence. but it sounds just as weird if they say defence the english way when talking NFL...so not sure what the solution is.

back OT, listened to him for the first time this week and will be an avid viewer going forward. great content.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i agree but i feel the same way about english accents talking NFL...it sounds weird

they even americanise the way they say defence by pronouncing as deeefence. but it sounds just as weird if they say defence the english way when talking NFL...so not sure what the solution is.

back OT, listened to him for the first time this week and will be an avid viewer going forward. great content.

I guess you struggle with Peaky Blinders then? The old Brummagem dialect is hard to emulate.

On 16/09/2021 at 14:37, tomav84 said:

Heard pete say Walzall not Walsall lol.

On 16/09/2021 at 14:42, TRO said:

I guess you struggle with Peaky Blinders then? The old Brummagem dialect is hard to emulate.

I don't think it is but I am from the black country myself and grew up with the old sayings. Some of the lingo from back then, these days you say it and people are confused as hell.

Edited by Dave-R

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I don't think it is but I am from the black country myself and grew up with the old sayings. Some of the lingo from back then, these days you say it and people are confused as hell.

Dave, I sit next but one to Carl Chinn, so well versed in all the lingo, my mother was black country too......The one I like is a "Bob Howler"

how many folk know what one of them is?....even some brummies struggle, well the young 'uns.

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

how many folk know what one of them is?....even some brummies struggle, well the young 'uns

I must admit ... I don't know that bit of slang and I grew up there in the sixties and seventies.  Having said that my parents were foreign. 

The one word that sets Brummies apart for me is "outdoor". Literally had one across the the road from me. Mum would get me to go a cross the road for her fags. Never a problem getting them under age.

On my travels in the UK no one else seem to use outdoor. Don't see many of them about these days.

Edited by fruitvilla

Â