The Holy Trinity Show

Dave-R

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

He's entitled to a different opinion and because he's not hurling out the correct words you want him to say so you can agree with it, it all makes him a prick does it?? 

FWIW I don't give a shit about agreeing with everything he says but when he starts pointing the finger at everyone but Smith and acting all sanctimonious....yeah,  prick comes to mind tbh. 

7 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Not really....He's starting to come across as a sanctimonious prick. 

- McGinn and Mings not being good enough and needing replacing - Like nobody knows. Everyone has been debating this for 2 years. Why mention it now. 

- Purslow's reputation - FA wrong with it atm.

- The lack of a ready replacement - How would he know what is happening?  What was we suppose to do roll Smith out and someone else in at the same time.

- The general trend of clubs doing worse when managers are replaced mid season - SO WHAT? Not all teams. And is this an excuse to do nothing whilst getting worse.

- Lange and our imbalanced squad - I can talk about that on VT. 

Commenting that most fans haven't kicked a ball so don't have a clue....then going into the nobody coming in will care about the players, It's their fault because their not good enough, who needs replacing. We didn't get the players JG wanted, therefore it's the boards fault. Hope the fans are proud of themselves now that Smith is gone.....That is the summary of this podcast. A bloke trashing the media then acting like a drama queen himself making out fans are all sheep and don't understand the implications and situation we are in. That everyone other than Dean himself is responsible for this. 

I thought his first couple of podcasts were decent but as time has moved on he coming across as more of a prick by the week. Like he is the only fan that knows anything and anyone who doesn't share his view are idiots or ill informed. Most fans have made informed opinions on current events over the last 18 months and beyond, not 5 games and him insinuating that makes him look very foolish imo.

He talks about narrative but pushes his own pretty well to be honest. Should stick to whiskey and flicking plastic footballers about. 

I think all the embarrassing commenters on his videos falling all over themselves to kiss his ass has probably gone to his head somewhat.

12 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I think all the embarrassing commenters on his videos falling all over themselves to kiss his ass has probably gone to his head somewhat.

I watched his first couple of vids and thought he was actually a bit quirky but a decent fella but I can see your point and probably true. Personally I just thought his last couple of vids have been shit and stood out more for pointing the finger at everyone but the person mainly responsible for the situation. It is what it is though, lesson learned. I wont watch the dude again and will leave it for those more interested with his point of view.     

He's just hurting, and hitting out. Possibly because he is in Canada he has read the room wrong concerning the Villa fans mood towards Dean. Maybe falling into the same trap as others in thinking that Twitter is an accurate and balanced view of the world, it certainly isn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

FWIW I don't give a shit about agreeing with everything he says but when he starts pointing the finger at everyone but Smith and acting all sanctimonious....yeah,  prick comes to mind tbh. 

So much hate 😅🤣😂

• Like 1

Honestly it's sad that people attack him when he along with the rest of you have equal right's to express themselves in there own state of things.

It comes down to one of those if you got nothing decent to say don't say it all on all sides of the pond.

I think some fans on here have gotten all defensive about his words because there's truth in it. Certain folk would just like to not acknowledge that we has a fan base along with Smith, players, Staff have all collectively failed this time. We fans hold part blame in things going wrong because there has been many not throwing weight behind Smith and supporting his mission and applying unnecessary pressure. It all hasn't helped  but according to some we fans never do anything wrong.

I just hope the next guy who comes in people do not start calling for his head soon as he goes on a loss streak which someone is of course going to do.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, Dave-R said:

So much hate 😅🤣😂

Funny thing is you pull me for responding to something I didn't like and then proceeded to do the same yourself. The irony. 

Calling someone a prick isn't hate either, it's just acknowledging their being a prick.  😀

11 hours ago, QldVilla said:

It’s still up here in Australia, unless it’s been edited, watched it about 90mins ago.

Didnt think he was having a shot at supporters more the hysteria of social media.

Thought Smith was in trouble, there was a change after the Wolves game IMO,  but he still deserved more time.

For me he was honest and heartfelt and respect him for putting out his opinion, whether you agree with it or not.

I think both you and I saw the edited version?

Yeah I don't think it was bad, but I commented on it, to point out where I thought he was wrong.

He seems a decent bloke and a proper fan, don't think he meant any harm.

His perspectives are usually well thought out as well, doesn't mean he's always right.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think both you and I saw the edited version?

Yeah I don't think it was bad, but I commented on it, to point out where I thought he was wrong.

He seems a decent bloke and a proper fan, don't think he meant any harm.

His perspectives are usually well thought out as well, doesn't mean he's always right.

No one can be always right and he's not one to say he is either.

He is just pissed like many of us are and I think us fans have to own up to part of the blame in the pressure across social media we applied. Not everyone did no but many were pressure applying or hurling hate, it doesn't help anyone but people do it hiding behind screens.

As I said he's abit on fire at the moment and it's understanding, but despite his annoyance with alot of things he still managed to get it all out in the right way rather than blurting any old nonsense out.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

No one can be always right and he's not one to say he is either.

He is just pissed like many of us are and I think us fans have to own up to part of the blame in the pressure across social media we applied. Not everyone did no but many were pressure applying or hurling hate, it doesn't help anyone but people do it hiding behind screens.

As I said he's abit on fire at the moment and it's understanding, but despite his annoyance with alot of things he still managed to get it all out in the right way rather than blurting any old nonsense out.

Yeah I have alot of time for him, and always appreciate his perspectives, whether I agree at the time or not.

I can see things from both sides.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Certain folk would just like to not acknowledge that we has a fan base along with Smith, players, Staff have all collectively failed this time. We fans hold part blame in things going wrong because there has been many not throwing weight behind Smith and supporting his mission and applying unnecessary pressure

LOL.....What did the fans do wrong? Not sing Dean Smith's Claret and Blue army enough, blow kisses on a match day or send letters of love to the players when they've been garbage. Grow up. 

These are professional athletes and managers earning fortunes, at work. Smith had more than enough support from the fans and guaranteed will be on a golf course counting his wedge and thinking about the next challenge and pay packet whilst your crying about life being unfair. 

I've put thousands into the club over the years, generations of my family have. We've laughed, cried, been happy and sad and gone through all the shit like thousands of other families at times putting up with ridiculous amounts of never nevers.

You may have failed as a supporter but I or my family certainly haven't.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dean has had more support from fans, club and board than ANY Villa manager I can think of in modern memory.

I can't believe people actually subscribe to the idea that Dave from Solihull incessantly tweeting " Get that idiot out of my club " and his mates ( Probably also Dave from a fake account ) had anything to do with this.

Aye. There have always been dissenters - even here - and perhaps more so as our performances over 2021 took a dip but they are by far the minority.

Mind you, you are only ever going to post something online if you strongly agree or disagree, which is why social media might have a larger proportion of outliers one way or the other.

• Like 3

Dean was backed repeatedly by owners and has always been backed by fans at VP and away fans. The issue was - as much as everyone wanted it to be a success - he wasn't good enough, he fell just short of what we need right now. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

LOL.....What did the fans do wrong? Not sing Dean Smith's Claret and Blue army enough, blow kisses on a match day or send letters of love to the players when they've been garbage. Grow up. 

These are professional athletes and managers earning fortunes, at work. Smith had more than enough support from the fans and guaranteed will be on a golf course counting his wedge and thinking about the next challenge and pay packet whilst your crying about life being unfair. 

I've put thousands into the club over the years, generations of my family have. We've laughed, cried, been happy and sad and gone through all the shit like thousands of other families at times putting up with ridiculous amounts of never nevers.

You may have failed as a supporter but I or my family certainly haven't.   

And telling people to grow up and sniping at them because they give a view is being grown up is it??

I didn't say everyone has not given there support to Smith because there has been a good portion who have. There is also another side of the fence than the one you paint, one where people have been wanting someone else in or jumped on the hate Smith hate train. Just because the hate train is not seen on VT doesn't mean there isn't a hate train there for a player or manager and if you go dig deep enough on social media you usually come across it easy enough. The denial is as bad as researchers and scientists saying the world is going to crap because of us humans and the governments down play it like its none existent.

Your sniping comments are ridiculous by the way, there's a mirror in bound for you free of charge 🤣. The people in this thread that have got all up in arms over nothing and somehow need to justify how good a supporter they are is crackers. It's like people these days always have to one up the other person and be better.

Truth is the Pete was getting something off his chest what he feels and believes is right and sure you don't have to agree with him, he's not expecting everyone to. There is however the way people talk to others and people calling Pete a prick or what other names that have been thrown out for giving his view is pretty low. We all expect to be heard do we not and would it hurt for people just to be respectful like you would expect respect back for your opinion??

• Like 4

Â