Caleb Chukwuemeka

MaVilla

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

So you meant assertive, then? 

well, its one of them,......defined as "forceful personality", some could deem that as aggressive.

His manager at Livingstone, used the word "aggresive" and I knew what he meant and he could well have meant assertive....but I used the word, he used.

Tomato/Tomahto

Only got on for 10 minutes when Livi had to change from a neat defensive unit into chasing the game following the Rangers goal after 70 odd minutes. Not much time for him.

I expect Martindale will come to our place on Saturday with a more expansive game plan so hopefully I will see more of Caleb.

Edited by newhavenhibby

Sorry lads, Caleb never got on as they already had too much for us lol.  From what I saw Livi have quite a lot up front including pace so be interesting to see how much game time he gets.🤔............Alan Forrest for pace and Joel Nouble for strength and aggression will keep him out the side, (+ not forgetting Omeonga )

Edited by newhavenhibby

Watching Caleb in warm up, he looked quite lightweight compared to some of the other "bruisers" Livi have, so feel he won't get too much game time up here?  As I said earlier he would have to displace Alan Forrest ( brother of James at Celtic) who today looked the real deal.

On 29/01/2022 at 19:14, Demitri_C said:

I think the first game caleb got a bit of a dressing down as his performance was poor. Not sure if he will make it at villa tbh

Only a very small amount will. 

I watched his debut he wasn't actually that bad by the time he came on the game had gone really scrappy, there wasn't much more he could have done, although would say the pace of the game at that level was completely different to U23 football and I think that took him by surprise, didn't have anywhere near as much time on the ball as he would have been used to, and then I watched some of his appearance in the week, was pretty much the same story, the football being played wasn't great, and a few times Chukwuemeka lost the ball because he didn't have as much time as he thought, I'm not sure if them playing him wide right is helping much either, if they want to get the best out of him play him through the middle.

To me this is as much (if not more) terrible man management from the manager, rather than a young player learning his trade. People forget Caleb has first team games for Northampton in league two (i think). He should have some awareness of the intensity of first team football.

To sub a young lad at half time on his debut is a great way to instill confidence! What is the bloody point of subbing a sub on 90 minutes? Ridiculous! This blockhead Livingston manager seems like he is trying to tear down a cocky upstart, rather than trying to get good performances from a talented youngster. Bring him back asap before that idiot damages him!

From what I've seen I think it's less about him being unprepared for first team football and more that he's just been unfortunate to be involved when the games have been really scrappy with not much in the way of football being played, lower league football is one thing, but this was something completely different, almost like a different sport, never mind Caleb, I think some of our first team players would take some getting used to it.

Â