Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

Revenue is all the money brought in the club, that's why we broke these contracts early to bring more money to the club, we might actually make actual loss for the club initially on these deals with the penalties for breaking the contract but that's beside the point since the biggest problem we face is revenue/wage salary caps setting in. 

Good point, these penalties won't matter for uefa squad cost control rules, but they will still affect Premier League PSR calculations (PSR is still going to be in place next season, it only gets removed as of 25/26 season).

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, ender4 said:

Compared to this 23/24 season:

+£50m Champions League TV and prize money from league stage.

+£10m 4 wins in CL group stage at £2.5m per win.

+£12m Adidas (£4m Castore to £16m with CL qualification).

+£12m Betano (£8m BK8 to £20m).

+£1m Trade Nation (£1m to £2m).

+£2m Matchday pricing increase.

+£4m CL home matches compared to Conference League home matches.

That’s £91 million extra revenue next season.

Well we got like 15 mil of Conference league prize money, so more like 75 mil. 

Plus assuming 4 wins is fairly generous given the difficulty of competition. On the one hand I could believe in us getting as many as 6 wins but I could also see us getting as few as 2. Depending on the draw. 

Edited by MotoMkali

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Plus assuming 4 wins is fairly generous given the difficulty of competition. On the one hand I could believe in us getting as many as 6 wins but I could also see us getting as few as 2. Depending on the draw. 

Well yes, somewhere between 2 and 6 wins seems reasonable which is why i went with 4 in the middle.  

Finishing 24th out of 36 teams also gets us another £5 million which i think we will manage.

Season ticket sales happen in June.

Given that we changed our accounting period this season to end of June, is it possible that we can include in this year's accounts 2 lots of season ticket sales? Last June's and this June's? Anybody knows?

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Well yes, somewhere between 2 and 6 wins seems reasonable which is why i went with 4 in the middle.  

Finishing 24th out of 36 teams also gets us another £5 million which i think we will manage.

Yes but my point is I wouldn't bank on it. Like in the summer only play with the guaranteed money, then in January you can look at spending the extra revenue from prize money. If we assume 2 wins as a base but win 4 in the end then in January we could spend that plus the positional prize money another 5 mil. So that could be like an extra 10-15 mil in essneitallt free money to spend. 

Posted (edited)

Looks like with Leeds or Southampton coming up that Premier League clubs will give themselves £5 million extra each in savings from parachute payments.

With PSR regulations, any little bit helps for Villa, but very disappointing in general about where football is at the moment that that money left aside for parachute payments isn't being spread around the Football League.

Edited by Ceemo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

but very disappointing in general about where football is at the moment that that money left aside for parachute payments isn't being spread around the Football League.

A parachute is no good to someone who is already on the ground.

Facetiousness aside, yes - it'd be good to see that money going to good use. So long as Small Heath don't get it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Wow, that's a big IF. I wonder how many shirts we sold in last couple of seasons.

BTW, I'm off to the shop ASAP.

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Quite a big ask to sell 300,000 shirts per season. Think we sold around 175,000 in 22/23. Obviously increased exposure due to CL will boost sales, plus Adidas it a big pull in itself.

16 minutes ago, omariqy said:

So it’s £13m not £20m, and £3m of that is directly brought in by Emery. 

No idea if we’ll get anywhere near 300,000 shirts sold each year.  I would have guessed we sell about 50,000 per year. 

• Like 1

Just a quick Google & it says 21/22 season we sold 245k units .... so I'd say 300k units is very doable with the situation we're currently in.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Quite a big ask to sell 300,000 shirts per season. Think we sold around 175,000 in 22/23. Obviously increased exposure due to CL will boost sales, plus Adidas it a big pull in itself.

I'll be buying 5 for my family

8 hours ago, NorthEastVillan said:

Adidas it a big pull in itself.

They should also (hopefully!) be much more available in non-UK markets. The large sporting goods stores here usually only stock Adidas/Nike/Puma shirts, just having our shirts on the rack in some massive markets might move the needle.

• Like 3

To achieve this target they need to be selling our kits in more shops. For example i haven't been in one shop in london and seen a villa top you can buy. In the 90s we were in a lot of shops these days you dont even see them around brum either when i come down.

I guess they want people to come down to the villa store to buy direct or order online. We definitely should be looking at airports as a option

10 hours ago, Frodo said:

Just a quick Google & it says 21/22 season we sold 245k units .... so I'd say 300k units is very doable with the situation we're currently in.

Units of what? 

Â