Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

11 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

That’s my team as well but I’d have Bailey wide left, Buendia wide right and Ings behind Watkins. So basically yes: let’s stick the four of them out there however you like with a couple of midfielders behind them and go for it :)

I want to see this.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Possibly.
I’d still like to see this:

—————Ings—————
Watkins————Bailey
————Buendia————
——Ramsey—Luiz———

or is it too attacking?

I think we will see something like this eventually. I would have preferred if Smith didn’t come out with the comments of Watkins  never playing wide.

I mean it doesn’t really matter but you know if he ever puts him out wide the stick will come out quick time. 

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we will see something like this eventually. I would have preferred if Smith didn’t come out with the comments of Watkins  never playing wide.

I mean it doesn’t really matter but you know if he ever puts him out wide the stick will come out quick time. 

Yeah it won’t help but clearly he sees a difference between a winger and a striker playing with some width - for example he referred to Bailey as a striker (or maybe forward)? Watkins can be playing the role that Salah or Mane play for Liverpool and I wouldn’t define it as being ‘wide’ in the traditional sense. Difference between an inside forward and an outside forward in old money…

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Just out of curiosity and this may be a stupid question but why is it called Soccer AM instead of Football AM as that is what ya'll call it?

I presume the broadcaster thinks the game is better known worldwide as Soccer. Sky are prime *******

• Like 1

Takeaways from that little Ings feature.

- He thinks he's underrated on FIFA.

- Leon and Axel are fast as f*CK. ( I also noticed this against Everton I think )

- He likes Nandos alot.

- He can Crip walk. ( Last Ings fact I thought I would ever learn )

- He wasn't even allowed to tell family about Villa move. They found out at the same time as everybody else.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Takeaways from that little Ings feature.

- He thinks he's underrated on FIFA.

- Leon and Axel are fast as f*CK. ( I also noticed this against Everton I think )

- He likes Nandos alot.

- He can Crip walk. ( Last Ings fact I thought I would ever learn )

- He wasn't even allowed to tell family about Villa move. They found out at the same time as everybody else.

Was really surprised that only him and his agent knew about the move. That’s incredible secrecy.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Was really surprised that only him and his agent knew about the move. That’s incredible secrecy.

It was brilliant how they did it during all the Jack leaving stuff. 

I know many won’t agree but I really do think we are in a better place with the sale of Jack. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It was brilliant how they did it during all the Jack leaving stuff

Not sure, it looked like a rushed job. They threw money at Southampton and Ings to get it done quickly and have him announced before Jack left.

Edited by Czarnikjak

9 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Not sure, it looked like a rushed job. They threw money at Southampton and Ings to get it done quickly and have him announced before Jack left.

Nah I think they had a list of targets and as Wesley wasn't showing anything in pre season Ings was signed. Bailey was added as we were down a wide player with Jack leaving. 

I think the club has done superb with transfers in the last 3 windows

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

how did he play?

Worked himself into the ground, was all over the pitch. You just wish he could stay around the box when those chances fall.

His reading of the game and intelligence is brilliant as well.

Unlucky to be subbed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It was brilliant how they did it during all the Jack leaving stuff. 

I know many won’t agree but I really do think we are in a better place with the sale of Jack. 

I think your right. I think that win today and the manner of it let everyone know, including our own that we are now a team and no longer a one man band. Easily the best performance this season. 

• Like 1

Â