Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

5 hours ago, Okonokos said:

My MOTM tonight. Absolutely worked his socks off for the team. I love his attitude. He's such a team player. Felt bad for him that he never really had a chance himself. When was the last time we had two strikers the same quality as these two?

Ings does everything that Harry Kane does but is only a few months older and for some reason is not worth £150mill. I've always banged on about signing him (not cos I know anything about football) because he just scores goals, but I've been surprised about his other play. Honestly think he has bee the direct Jack replacement, the stats back that up. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

4 goal involvements in 5 games

He’s fantastic, but compare that to Leon Bailey’s 3 goal involvements in 81minutes 😂😅, but no in all seriousness he’s been phenomenal I didn’t know there was so much to his game prior to him coming here

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

I always chuckle to myself when someone outs themselves as a non-footballer. 

I am not a non-footballer, but if that's how you get your kicks, bit weird but fair play.

I didn't say it was a lucky assist or anything. I just said people were overrating it a bit.

I think @Tom13's point that their defence is so poorly positioned Bailey has the whole side of the pitch to run into is half right. It was still a well hit ball but he didn't exactly need to thread it through the eye of a needle.

It's not the accuracy of the pass that impressed me. It didn't need to be accurate. It was the quick-thinking that blew my mind. He recieves the throw-in with his back to goal, gets distance from his man, chests it down, glances up and immediately decides to hit a 45 yard diagonal ball first time. It was absolute **** genius. The vision and decision making impresses me far more than the technique.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

Just now, Davkaus said:

It was easier than it should have been, and I think @Tom13's point that their defence is so poorly positioned Bailey has the whole side of the pitch to run into is half right. It was still a well hit ball but he didn't exactly need to thread it through the eye of a needle.

It's not the accuracy of the pass that impressed me. It didn't need to be accurate. It was the quick-thinking that blew my mind. He recieves the throw-in with his back to goal, gets distance from his man, chests it down, glances up and immediately decides to hit a 45 yard diagonal ball first time. It was absolute **** genius. The vision and decision making impresses me far more than the technique.

Yeah you are right the vision and quickness to release it was superb. Wasn't even trying to play it down, was just trying to call it for what it was.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Got a feeling that Ings work rate and the big part he plays in successful build up play, is underappreciated/unnoticed by some, when he doesn't score.

I don't think so. Only a plum would have missed all the off the ball work he did yesterday. He actually impressed me more than anyone for closing down and hunting the ball. 

Ings had a great game without the ball last night. 

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't think so. Only a plum would have missed all the off the ball work he did yesterday. He actually impressed me more than anyone for closing down and hunting the ball. 

Ings had a great game without the ball last night. 

You do know a lot of our fans don’t actually watch games right ? They just check scorelines :)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â