Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

He doesn't show it but he must be really frustrated, he works his socks off, both in presseing and tracking back at times when our midfielders dont, and he get himself into some great positions but doesn't get the ball as we don't have enough quality to pick him out. or we do, but of some reason they are on the bench.

• Like 2

It's not working. I don't want to think that Ings was a bit of a desperation buy to placate the fans on the back of the sale of you-know-who, but it's starting to look that way. Both he and Watkins (despite the goal) were dreadful today. We need to revert to a front three, and drop Ings on current form.

• Like 3

We've played with a front three for two seasons.

Cash seems to be decent as a wing back, but Targett has been average so far in that role.

We now have five wingers/wide players who surely must play a part in this season (presuming Buendia plays wide right and adding Young as an option).

I get why we need to sacrifice width/creativity and add a defender to try and close down some of the bigger teams, against Manure and Chelsea we were able to retain possession well.

But today Dean should have seen at half time that it wasn't working and changed formation.

I thought speed and attacking with width was what we did best, whereas ball retention and creativity through the middle was our biggest weakness, now it feels like we seem to have lost one and not quite mastered the other, all be it we have had much better possession until this game.

Edited by VillanousOne

11 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don't think he is. He was anonymous against Watford aside from the penalty and anonymous against Newcastle aside from the overhead goal. 

Lol, so anonymous except for the two goals then. Jesus this forum.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Lol, so anonymous except for the two goals then. Jesus this forum.

I don't really consider penalty goals so it's really only one goal.

And that second goal as  beautiful as it was, we all knew he wasn't going to pull that out every week. All that goal showed was that Ings was capable of finishing from anywhere which we already knew. 

The point I'm making is that he still looked very isolated for most of these matches, a trend that has continued for the rest of his matches so far. He'll probably pull off another worldie and score penalties at other points in the future but if he's still going to be anonymous for the rest of the match and other matches, I'm going to be concerned.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

Comon, there is no doubt he is a prolific goal scorer. Just struggling to really fit him into the first team at the moment. We need to sort it quick, I doubt Ing's will be happy with less than 10 goals this season, at the moment I fell we are putting his skills on hold.

I think we’re annoyed that we lost to spuds. 
We’re only 7 games into the season.

Yes, it looks like Watkins and Ings are not connecting well yet.

Most of our creative players are either benched or injured, and the whole team still hasn’t had much time together.

I’m sure Ings will be great for us.

1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

I think we’re annoyed that we lost to spuds. 
We’re only 7 games into the season.

Yes, it looks like Watkins and Ings are not connecting well yet.

Most of our creative players are either benched or injured, and the whole team still hasn’t had much time together.

I’m sure Ings will be great for us.

It's only Bailey who's injured.

Â