Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was decent today, better than Watkins but I wouldn’t say he was superb. 

Strange one. I want us to play a 4-3-3 so we can play some of our best attacking players but if we do, I have no idea where he fits in as I prefer Watkins. 

(just personal preference).

Let's be honest, if everyone is fit and Smith wants to play 4-3-3, Ings fits only on the bench. He is not as effective as Watkins as a single striker.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Yeah, I'm just annoyed that after a win and performance like that, some people need to come here and put our best players down.

Who our best players are is very subjective. 

Ings would not get in my team but that is just one man's opinion. Have no hate for the guy. 

I loved Jack but I think it's fair to say the three signings we've made will massively overdeliver on the numbers he had. Grealish was brilliant for game control and threat but Ings numbers so far in terms of goals and assists is way above Jack and with Buendia and Bailey to boot we have a far stronger squad. 

9 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

I loved Jack but I think it's fair to say the three signings we've made will massively overdeliver on the numbers he had. Grealish was brilliant for game control and threat but Ings numbers so far in terms of goals and assists is way above Jack and with Buendia and Bailey to boot we have a far stronger squad. 

Every decision by the owners and CEO are well thought out. 

We are in very good hands. 

51 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Let's be honest, if everyone is fit and Smith wants to play 4-3-3, Ings fits only on the bench. He is not as effective as Watkins as a single striker.

It's tricky. I still think we'll see Ollie out left for some games this season (possibly even next weekend). Axel can't play so I assume we'll go back to 4-3-3.

Considering we've played two decent games with 3-5-2 that won't be the last we see of that formation and you have to fit Bailey into it so him playing off Ollie is what I see as trying to fit him in as advanced midfield or some sort of wing back would be such a waste.

2 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

And yet, as the previous comment noted, he was better than Watkins today. Presumably form has to count somewhere.

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

And yet, as the previous comment noted, he was better than Watkins today. Presumably form has to count somewhere.

I am not denying that he was better than Watkins today. 

All i am saying is that if Smith decides to play 4-3-3 with only one striker, watkins is much more suited to this role, with his physicality and harassing defenders.

Smith was clear that he has no intention on playing Watkins out wide. So if Smith decides to play 4-3-3 i believe Bailey-Watkins-Buendia is our strongest front line with Ings an option of the bench.

My MOTM tonight. Absolutely worked his socks off for the team. I love his attitude. He's such a team player. Felt bad for him that he never really had a chance himself. When was the last time we had two strikers the same quality as these two?

• Like 1

Â