Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Good solid professional could be relied upon to do his job.

Which is great when his job was to score goals.

However he never seemed right for us....and none of the mangers we had here got the best out of him,i think we can all agree that he didn't look as good for us as he has at other clubs.

I like him and wish him all the best.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Not sure why people are so angry about this. Ings has about a 1 in 4 record for us. That’s awful for a striker. Especially one we signed for 30 million

Injuries didn’t help. Smith and Gerrard didn’t get the best out of him. 

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The timing of this is bizarre to say the least.

Two days before a match, when our only other senior striker limped off in the last game.

The Southampton game is our only game before the window closes, why would we not have waited until after that game? Makes no damn sense.

The deal was on the table. Strike while the iron is hot (excuse the pun). 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Have to imagine this implies that we will be bringing in a winger who can also play upfront in the coming days. Others have mentioned thuram for instance. 

I agree I feel like this means a big forward/winger signing suited to emery’s style which probably wasn’t possible with Ings wages. Sad to see him go, I like the player and also seems like a good guy but times move on and his age and value diminishing against huge wages makes sense providing a plan is in place but with emery’s attention to detail it’s hard to imagine the isn’t one.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Not sure why people are so angry about this. Ings has about a 1 in 4 record for us. That’s awful for a striker. Especially one we signed for 30 million

A lot of his appearances are from the bench though. 

I agree this is a good deal, getting £15m back for him is good value and he's not needed here now. We have basically swapped Ings for Duran Duran +lower wage bill. That's a good deal in my book.

59 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Id like to know what the end game looks like for those wanting to keep ings?

Hold him till he's fully a waste of resources then struggle to give him away?

We've been there far too many times recently!

Same people would be moaning how we lost him on a free. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it was £25m.

If you add up the minutes he has been on the pitch, it’s the equivalent of about 30 league matches. In that time he’s clocked in 13 goals and 6 assists. 

I’m not angry as such, I can see the financial argument in selling him, but I think we’re letting go one of, if not the most, potent goal threats we have.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

13 goals in about 30 games worth of minutes. Admittedly 3 of them are penalties but 10 in 30 isn't awful either. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Suggests we are bringing in another striker in January. 

Yeah I’d assume so. I think Emery wants someone who’s a bit more mobile. Probably someone who can play across the front 2-3. 

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think it was £25m.

If you add up the minutes he has been on the pitch, it’s the equivalent of about 30 league matches. In that time he’s clocked in 13 goals and 6 assists. 

I’m not angry as such, I can see the financial argument in selling him, but I think we’re letting go one, if not the most, potent goal threats we have.

I agree. But we seem to not have the set-up and players to get the best out of him, so he becomes a financial burden who is underused.
I don't know if his injuries have caught up with him, but 3 managers don't seem to want to start him.

Re: his goals - he's got 4x penalties (3 in the PL), which I tend to discount in those stats (although, he scores them, so fair play). So about 1 in 3. Not bad. Not great.

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

13 goals in about 30 games worth of minutes. Admittedly 3 of them are penalties but 10 in 30 isn't awful either. 

It’s not exactly good though is it. It’s not like we’re losing a prolific goal scorer

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not angry about it and back Emery to have made a good decision knowing we have something else lined up, but I don't think this tells the whole story when many of those performances are mere minutes

He's got 6 PL goals this season in 9 games worth of football. Last season it's 7 goals and 6 assists in 21 games of football

It's clear we look a better team with Watkins, but Ings' goal contribution is far better than a simple goals in appearances summary makes it sound.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â