Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Clearly not enough thought! Ings and Ollies's styles don't compliment each other, so I stick to my point! 

They haven't worked out together, but that is after we've had them play together this season at Villa. Before he joined it looked like they are the right combination, Ings plays more as a 2nd striker and Watkins often runs the channels up the top. 

So it's clear there was consideration about how he'd fit in. It didn't work out and Smith lost his job. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Surely gets a start next game over watkins?

Want to see what he can do with buendia, coutinho and digne trying to supply him.

Yep I would give Ings a start in the next game as well, it’s a shame they don’t work well together but what can ya do, Buendia one of the first names on the team sheet now and Coutinho will only improve so one of them has to warm the bench for the foreseeable 

• Like 1

Ings didn't do much, and Watkins was a massive part of our good first half. What Watkins does as an outlet, I'm not sure Ings has that in his locker.

I'd like to see him firing though.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Ings didn't do much, and Watkins was a massive part of our good first half. What Watkins does as an outlet, I'm not sure Ings has that in his locker.

Didn’t do much in the whole 10 minutes he was on the pitch after we took off one of our creative players and were trying to see out the game?  Are you serious!

Watkins did very little first half, not sure what this massive part was.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Didn’t do much in the whole 10 minutes he was on the pitch after we took off one of our creative players and were trying to see out the game?  Are you serious!

Watkins did very little first half, not sure what this massive part was.

My main angle is that Watkins played well and I don't see why people want to drop him. I think people have unrealistic expectations tbh. Anyway, I've seen you make about 35 posts saying otherwise, so fear not, I understand how you feel and there's no need to repeat it all here too!

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

My main angle is that Watkins played well and I don't see why people want to drop him. I think people have unrealistic expectations tbh. Anyway, I've seen you make about 35 posts saying otherwise, so fear not, I understand how you feel and there's no need to repeat it all here too!

Happy to repeat if you want 😉

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Not for me. 

Bear in mind he scored in the last game he played on his own up front against Brentford. I think given Watkins finishing is poor most of the time I would try Ings. Something about Watkins play this season is worrying me

Without wanting to overly simplify the situation, I see it that ings would be slightly more likely to score, but offer slightly less to the overall team than watkins (this reducing the rest of the team's likelyhood of scoring).  I think the net result is possibly about the same.  It's great having both options and I think they'll both play better as the focal point in a 4-3-3

8 hours ago, Rolta said:

The vital work Watkins does will get missed by your average fan who are just goal and assist merchants.

Gerrard and the coaching staff will understand how integral to the team Watkins is and that is all that matters.

Ings just cannot do the lone striker role. Cannot meet the physical demands required.

I wouldn't even have brought him off the bench on Saturday. Thought it was a wrong sub.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

If i were Ings, sitting on the sidelines watching the car crash that is Watkins, i wouldnt know whether to be angry, or if i just sit there in bemused shock and how the plank of wood is playing over me.

Â