Matt Targett or Ashley Young ?

Paul33

Matt Targett or Ashley Young ?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Targett or Ashley Young ?

• Matt Targett
    • Ashley Young

This poll is closed to new votes

I think Young allows us the option to go with wing backs which I'm not sure Targett is as suited to.  We might have to look at different systems if Jack goes, maybe dare I say it with Tammy up front with Watkins running the channels like Gabby used to (but a much better player). Targett may be able to play on the left of a back 3 as full backs can often move inside to that role.

I think it’ll be Young to start with as he seems fitter at present. I agree Young gives us some scope to change our systems at the back dependant on who we’re playing. Has Smith ever used a back 3 though with wing backs in his time at Walsall, Brentford?

Targett for us to stay solid against the strong teams as he’s very good defensively , but if we can dictate possession and we want to play WB at some point in a game Young will be on , I’m currently coaching a youth RWB to play higher up and where Young and Cash positioned themselves today at times was perfect 

11 hours ago, Condimentalist said:

At this rate I would say both. Rather Ash on the left wing than El Ghazi. 

I agree.

Young at LW while Bailey gets some time to embed.

On 10/08/2021 at 13:53, PaulC said:

Targett but I see Young playing in a more advanced role. 

This. I bet Young will get plenty of minutes in the first games, while some of the others get up to speed. Though not necessarily as full back.

Young was signed as cover for both Targett at left back and for whoever is left midfield/left forward (depending on formation). In this match, I agree with everyone who says: both. Targett will play left back. Whatever formation we use, expect Young on the left further up the field, unless Watkins and Buendia both play, which is looking unlikely.

• Like 1

Â