Todd Cantwell

TreeVillan

Norwich fans are desperate to keep him, and have seen them celebrating us agreeing a deal for Bailey because they think it means we won't want both, along with Aarons he's their best player. People are way underrating him, of course he's not as good as Grealish, but he's better than El Ghazi and Trezeguet, I won't say he's better than Traore but he's probably more consistent.

I would  have been concerned if he was to be our only creative signing but alongside the signings of Buendia and Bailey I think it would be fine.

That said I have my doubts that there are any truth to the story, just seems too obvious a link to make.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Norwich fans are desperate to keep him, and have seen them celebrating us agreeing a deal for Bailey because they think it means we won't want both, along with Aarons he's their best player. People are way underrating him, of course he's not as good as Grealish, but he's better than El Ghazi and Trezeguet, I won't say he's better than Traore but he's probably more consistent.

I would  have been concerned if he was to be our only creative signing but alongside the signings of Buendia and Bailey I think it would be fine.

That said I have my doubts that there are any truth to the story, just seems too obvious a link to make.

He might well be better than the players you mention but he doesn’t play in their position, he might not be better than Traore, I would be slightly worried if he isn’t as he would cost a lot more.

Its all down to opinions, but if our recruitment team thinks he's good enough and has potential, then I'll back them.

He looks a good player on Youtube, albeit very selective, and comes across as an intelligent young man.

Jack has only been really world class in the last year or so.

I know what's going to happen. Most fans think he is a prick. He signs for us. Does an interview. Comes across really well and lo and behold people say oh actually he seems like a decent guy, you know on the account of most footballers just being normal human beings. Then him and Emi back 10 assists each next season.

• Like 4

decent squad player, which is exactly what he will be

if anyone thinks our recruitment team are bringing in cantwell as the grealish replacement they need their heads examined

i don't think we'll go for a direct replacement, we'll just use the money to improve the squad. cantwell does that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

decent squad player, which is exactly what he will be

if anyone thinks our recruitment team are bringing in cantwell as the grealish replacement they need their heads examined

i don't think we'll go for a direct replacement, we'll just use the money to improve the squad. cantwell does that.

Not gonna pretend to know much about the lad, but a player with " Can't Well " in his name just doesn't do it for me. Sort of like " Immobile ". lol

• Haha 1

On 21/07/2021 at 23:40, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not of the required standard anyway.

Having spoken to people more knowledgable than me, I think I might have jumped the gun here. He’s not necessarily the lightweight minge bag I had thought of him as in his performances vs us.

Just getting that out there before we sign him, he turns out to be class and I’ve mugged myself off on page one. 

• Haha 1

Â