Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

11 hours ago, Spoony said:

I was proper twisting the knife on this guy. Now I think he could well be one of our best players. He’s made me out to be a mug and Ive learned my lesson about (1) giving players time and (2) the effect shit coaching can have on a player. 

Hence I will back Zaniolo, Diaby and any future wavering signing to the death 

Mate even I had given up on him at one point, and that was extremely difficult and took a LONG time fighting through my will and bias for him to come good.

• Like 1

His ability to dribble at pace, regardless of whether he beats a man is so good to watch. 

He used to do this a lot but lose the ball or run into the man. Now it seems he keeps possession more whilst frightening the life out of the opposition defence.

A fantastic turn around.

Forever yours.

Delphinho. 

• Like 2

On 31/12/2023 at 09:53, MotoMkali said:

Tbf to Craig Butler he said in 3 years either Leon would take Villa to the champions league or he'd be looking for a club that was. Well right now he is taking us to the UCL. 

Fair play as well this is how I handle a deadline. Three years you say? Ok I’ll chill out until autumn 2023…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Daily Mail exaggeration I would assume.  No way are we looking to make his salary similar to Watkins, Diaby, and Martinez. 

He’s played well for 3 months in 2.5 years. I’d probably take up an option for extending by a year, but don’t think he warrants a new bumper contract just yet. If he maintains current form all season then yes maybe but very early days at the moment. 

Remember his first game against Everton when he ripped them apart. Hit and miss from there on until now, he's top class. Similar to Diaby who started well and has now faded, I wonder when he will suddenly burst back into life.  

It does make me wonder why this happens.

19 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Daily Mail exaggeration I would assume.  No way are we looking to make his salary similar to Watkins, Diaby, and Martinez. 

If you look at their performances this season, Bailey belongs with the others much more than Diaby.

If Emery believes this is the real Bailey rather than a flash in the pan, sign him up.

It's too early to say that Diaby has faded in the same way that Bailey did, Diaby has already had a much better start than Bailey did and maintained that over a longer period of time, Diaby is already just one assist and two goals away from already getting more Premier League goals and assists than Bailey did in first two seasons. Diaby just had a few games where he wasn't as good as he was, he hasn't been underwhelming over a lengthy period of time, he was very good at the weekend other than his final finishing, but still managed to score a crucial goal

• Like 2

Bailey has done a Dougie 

Came in and everyone had high hopes, massively under performs and then almost out of no where, he becomes the player we thought we had bought and becomes a top contributor to the team.

Dougie did regress after lockdown slightly for a while but hasn't really out a foot wrong since, long may Baileys form stay at the top.

Hopefully any contract negotiations include performance based payments, just like I hope our other player contract extensions are. At least that way, if God forbid a players form digressed then we wouldn't be stuck paying 125k pw for someone either not used or not wanted. 

Happy for us and happy for him that he has improved so much.

18 hours ago, wishywashy said:

It's amazing that 6-12 months ago this news would have made me so angry.

Amazing turnaround. Fair play to him

• Like 1

Â