Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Very poor today - but to be fair, Bailey is typical of most wingers, Never been his greatest fan, but I certainly don’t hold today against him. 
should defo start on Thursday 

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Brilliant tonight. And as always so humble and calm in his interview. Great guy.

Honestly think he has been as good as Grealish was in a villa shirt this season and a lot more end product

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

Honestly think he has been as good as Grealish was in a villa shirt this season and a lot more end product

It's true. Doesn't look for the foul just picks the ball up wide, beats at least two opposing players and scores.  Up to 12 in all comps. Been an absolute joy to watch him all season. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, pete101 said:

Nah not quite. Grealish used to drag a poor team (19/20) to results by orchestrating attack after attack.

When he used to do something good it was said of him 'that's the Bailey we thought we were getting', but this season I think he's been even better than could have been hoped for when we signed him

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Brilliant tonight. And as always so humble and calm in his interview. Great guy.

He doesn't sound at all like I imagined. 

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, useless said:

When he used to do something good it was said of him 'that's the Bailey we thought we were getting', but this season I think he's been even better than could have been hoped for when we signed him

Certainly better than the fee. I think there was always the potential for this player.

If there was any expectation that he would be as good as he's been this season then we wouldn't have stood a chance of singing him in the first place, on this season's form he wouldn't look out of place in a team like Man City or Liverpool, it's not just his play n the final third either, his all round game has become very good

12 hours ago, pete101 said:

Grealish was arguably the best player in the league for 6 months at the end of his time here, he was carrying a vastly inferior side to what we have now and literally everything went through him. I would love to have seen how devastating he would have been under Emery, I think he's been shackled by Guardiola's demands. 

Bailey is having some season however. What a turnaround in form he's produced and I'm here for it. That finish last night was incredible. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Grealish was arguably the best player in the league for 6 months at the end of his time here, he was carrying a vastly inferior side to what we have now and literally everything went through him. I would love to have seen how devastating he would have been under Emery, I think he's been shackled by Guardiola's demands. 

Bailey is having some season however. What a turnaround in form he's produced and I'm here for it. That finish last night was incredible. 

Prime Grealish in that LM spot under Emery would be a thing of beauty.  

Bailey has been fantastic this season, I had completely written him off under Gerrard, and would have been happy to sell him.  Thankfully he's proved everybody wrong.

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its not just the tricks and pace any more. He is a genuinely brilliant passer of the ball. That outside of the left foot throughball to Diaby was something Luiz and Tielemans would be proud of  .  

Was that not diaby to Bailey 

4 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Leon has so much to his game. He looks so good at the moment. Great season from him.

Definite upgrade on traore. He has the same maverick ability but is more consistent, is better defensively and has end product.

Â