Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

16 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

PL stats since he arrived: 13 goals, 13 assists.

For context Grealish is 11g/11a in the same period (whilst playing for a team on top of everyone)

With the trajectory he’s on I’m very happy where we are. Not to go off topic but Buendia’s bagged 9g/8a without playing this season and Ings 13g/6a and we recouped £10m

I know just looking at g/an output is reductive but if someone offered you £30m and 40 extra g/an over three years you’d say it was a pretty good deal.

Except when they played us and we dominated them. Although Grealish wasn't playing then. 

• Like 1

On 25/02/2024 at 13:55, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seeing the closeup of his build up to the pass for Ollie's goal.

Wow, it had to be perfect to pull it off 😳

Running at speed, chops it past the first defender with perfect precision and weight (With Outside of foot ), then passes it though minimal space between 2nd defenders leg, with again just enough precision to evade the third defenders outstretched leg and perfectly into Ollie's path! 🤯

He's Mark Walters with a Turbo - charger. That kind of skill at that speed, imagine how the opposing full - backs feel. 

John Townley, the Bham Mail Villa correspondent just wrote, "I wouldn't swap him for Saka, and he's valued at a 100 million," and I totally agree. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rodders129 said:

PL stats since he arrived: 13 goals, 13 assists.

For context Grealish is 11g/11a in the same period (whilst playing for a team on top of everyone)

With the trajectory he’s on I’m very happy where we are. Not to go off topic but Buendia’s bagged 9g/8a without playing this season and Ings 13g/6a and we recouped £10m

I know just looking at g/an output is reductive but if someone offered you £30m and 40 extra g/an over three years you’d say it was a pretty good deal.

Ings we recouped 15 because west ham stayed up. 

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not surprised at all by how good he has become. Could always see the talent and never stopped defending him. 

I should be a scout 😉 

I'm not sure why so many were of the view he wasn't up to this, or even some saying that he was a wasted transfer.

If you see what he was doing in the Bundesliga, he was Sancho's level just not as flair or hype friendly.

It's great to see this young talent given the platform and license to play his game and better yet, a home where he can make use of his abilities and contribute to a time in our history that may just live on beyond what we are enjoying now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Ignoring the Tielemans run first half is one of the worst decisions I've ever seen at this level. I can't get over it 😂

I just don't think he saw or heard him. Ollie was making a similar run the other side so was more in his eye line.

Just now, VillaChris said:

I just don't think he saw or heard him. Ollie was making a similar run the other side so was more in his eye line.

He was facing his way at first.

Not his finest game, looked to be acting as the 2nd striker instead of playing out wide. It didn't work, he looked lost in a game he should have been impacting positively.

Baffled as to why we played the tactics we did, long ball and 5 at the back. Nullified our own attack as the players were isolated.

He needs to play on the right, he just didn't seem comfortable on the ball and was wasting too much energy chasing lost causes when pressing.  I think you have to get him one-on-one against the full back cutting in and realise you may only get 70 minutes-worth out of him, he only has so much gas in the tank so you have to get the best out of him.  

I don't want to see him playing alongside Watkins as a striker again.

He's at his best running at fullbacks and cutting inside from outwide.

Looked completely lost today.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Had a poor game today but him and Ollie get a pass from me. Both were massively isolated due to the system and it was obviously Spurs intention to clatter them both every chance they had. 

Â