Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Superb.

And also... good interview from him.  Struggled first season, keep on working.  It sounds like just cliche stuff but, actually, you can see it with Bailey.  This is player I saw in the Bundesliga.  Pace, trickery, confidence.  Fantastic game.

• Like 1

The thing is, that interview before the game he did with amazon it's like he knew what was coming. I've never been as convinced by a player when talking pre match, he was absolutely assured and confident and was hinting at a big night. Absolutely at the top of his game, brilliant. 

• Like 3

Whether it was confidence, fitness, or a bit of both, that were holding him back before, its great to see that the lightning fast, direct, and skilful Bailey is still there.

Emery the absolute master for getting it out of him. What a performance! World class tonight. And bodes very well for our future.

Rarely I give up on players. But at a point, I did. Ever since he shed a tear from missing that final whistle goal, there was no doubt how badly he wanted to succeed. And today he scores the winning goal against City. Couldn't be more delighted.

• Like 2

Yeah, he was truly excellent tonight. The team set up was better so he was covered defensively - though if you watch Foden's air shot back, Bailey was still all at sea marking space - but there's no need to dwell on anything defensively because he was just unplayable going forwards, a total masterclass from beginning to end. Not just man of the match but probably performance of the season tbh. 

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

"Can't be starting games" "Only works as an impact sub"

and people weren't wrong to say such things. he and luiz would've been sold 2 seasons ago if i was in charge. emery just makes players better, it's not that anyone has been wrong

bailey himself just said he wasn't at his best at first.

even emery's post match interview alluded to bailey's commitment and consistency hasn't been what he wanted from him until recently.

I've been very critical of him in the past.

But he was utterly fantastic tonight. In a way it's a shame that he scored, because people will think it's all about the goal.
It isn't. He had everything tonight. 

His best performance in a villa shirt. Absolutely superb

• Like 2

Â