Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Today he tried to avoid losing possession by taking on 3-4 players, instead playing it safe, which he still gets dog's abuse for.

I don't get it, we just don't play to his strengths which are

A: Playing on the left
B: Playing the ball in front of him

Not saying he is good enough on any level, but most of our play is very slow with the occasional counter and it doesn't suit him or Buendia.

8 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Today he tried to avoid losing possession by taking on 3-4 players, instead playing it safe, which he still gets dog's abuse for.

I don't get it, we just don't play to his strengths which are

A: Playing on the left
B: Playing the ball in front of him

Not saying he is good enough on any level, but most of our play is very slow with the occasional counter and it doesn't suit him or Buendia.

Why is playing on the left his strength? He played his best season in Germany on the right. The whole idea of playing him on the right is to provide width whilst Moreno provides the width on the left.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

There was a brief moment in the game where he looked dangerous driving from the left hand side.Other then that, nothing. I don't think he'll succeed unless he's being played on the left, even so It al seems very doubtfull at the moment. 

32 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Why is playing on the left his strength? He played his best season in Germany on the right. The whole idea of playing him on the right is to provide width whilst Moreno provides the width on the left.

because he's looked better there for us than on the right... mostly

This is also the issue, when we have played with two wingers or Gresford they've swapped sides at times, making them harder to predict/mark, but we play his as a single.... I don't know what, is he a striker/fwd/winger?

Edited by VillanousOne

26 minutes ago, Skruff said:

There was a brief moment in the game where he looked dangerous driving from the left hand side.Other then that, nothing. I don't think he'll succeed unless he's being played on the left, even so It al seems very doubtfull at the moment. 

Brief moment in the game - this sums up his Villa career in 5 words 

Not good enough, he’s been given more than a fair chance now. Not sure he was the footballing brain to be able to learn from Emery. Nearly all our current players bar him, have improved under the gaffer. 

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

because he's looked better there for us than on the right... mostly

This is also the issue, when we have played with two wingers or Gresford they've swapped sides at times, making them harder to predict/mark, but we play his as a single.... I don't know what, is he a striker/fwd/winger?

He’s only played on the left 4 times for us his brief cameo vs Everton under Smith was spectacular yes but he played like that vs Man Utd in Emery’s first match also. 

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

This one just doesn't feel like it's going to work. Completely ineffective. Strikes me as a player that should be playing wide in a 4-3-3 and not sure he suites the Emery system at all. 

Other than today this is exactly where he plays they start as front 2 then he shifts wide and the fullback on the opposite side becomes the other wide option.

Conor Hourihane was completely one footed and premier league was a step too far for his ability, this is pretty much the same situation. The whole us not playing to his strengths is a myth 

• Like 1

Looked better coming off the bench last game.  Can't seem to play from kick off and make an impact.

Clumsy forward's tackle for the penalty, giving the ref little choice and VAR will never overturn a decision where you have your hand on the forward and then cobble them over by clashing legs. The dive was less egregious than Grealish's recent effort because Paqueta didn't even change his running direction to get the contact.

He needs some confidence, but I've no idea where he's going to get it from because he never seems to even attempt anything anymore.

He's just dreadful. We need to hold our hands up, realise it was a huge mistake and try to get as much back for him as we can in the summer. Anything north of £12m would be a bonus.

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

He’s not good enough. Not even close. Off loading him is likely to prove difficult. Unfortunately we may have to wait for his contract to finish. 

yep. this has got 5m to a turkish club written all over it. just not doing it

• Like 1

Â