Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

I genuinely don't think there is any difference in quality between Traore and Bailey. But Traore has done more in a Villa shirt than Bailey.

Bailey is about 10% as good as he believes and about 00000.1% as good as his Dad/agent thinks.

If he's still a starter next season, something has gone massively wrong. We're starting every game with effectively 10 men.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I so want him to succeed, but he's so far off of it. First touch poor, his pace over short distances is greatly overestimated, finishing awful - so weak, passing next to non-existant, crossing poor.

It's such a shame

Why is it a shame?  he is just shit

Edited by Follyfoot

19 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I genuinely don't think there is any difference in quality between Traore and Bailey. But Traore has done more in a Villa shirt than Bailey.

Bailey is about 10% as good as he believes and about 00000.1% as good as his Dad/agent thinks.

If he's still a starter next season, something has gone massively wrong. We're starting every game with effectively 10 men.

It just depends on what knick Traore is in.  The physical part of the game wasn't his strength before, he was still OK to compete in the PL but even if you lose 5% of your fitness/engine it really shows.  He's only played a bit of Turkish football in nearly 2 seasons so I worry and would think Bailey would still get picked ahead of him.  I still hope we move on from Bailey up top with Ollie though.  He should only play on the left wing for me.

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've held my hands up and said he needs to be dropped as he's been bad, but i'll never understand this.

The notion that he " thinks he is better than he is " or has an inflated ego is something a sect of Villa fans have made up and just continue to run with as if it's fact ffs.

The lads personality is nothing like this.

If anything it's the opposite and he's actually not confident enough and too timid, hence not playing to his abilities at all.

Stop washing him with whatever his " Dad " might say or how you perceive his personality.

Obviously a huge Bailey fan (allthough I wish I could change my handle)...  but I agree about him being dropped...  or at the very least agree that he needs to show better consistency and take advantage of the opportunities he continues to get.  He has moments of pure class, but far too often he's swinging and missing in one way or another.  I hope he finds a groove here at the end of the season and starts being what I had hoped he would be when he signed for us.  Want him to succeed in a Villa shirt.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've held my hands up and said he needs to be dropped as he's been bad, but i'll never understand this.

The notion that he " thinks he is better than he is " or has an inflated ego is something a sect of Villa fans have made up and just continue to run with as if it's fact ffs.

If anything it's the opposite and he's actually not confident enough and too timid, hence not playing to his abilities at all.

Stop washing him with whatever his " Dad " might say or how you perceive his personality.

No reactions left but well said JV.

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

100% some people on here do talk some nonsense 

• Like 1

he's out of form and low on confidence, he needs to be benched and Emery needs to coach him, rebuild his self belief and play him as a winger on the left.

Hopefully Duran can start and Bailey can be benched, unfortunately our problems don't begin and end with Bailey though...

I was disappointed by his performance yesterday and I personally have had to come to the realisation that he is not going to be a top player at this club..

He is lacking a lot at this level.

He is a highlight player..

He has talent but he is weak, soft and many other things..

If he left in the summer I wouldn't be too disappointed.. 

Edited by Reivax_Villa

51 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I was disappointed by his performance yesterday and I personally have had to come to the realisation that he is not going to be a top player at this club..

He is lacking a lot at this level.

He is a highlight player..

He has talent but he is weak, soft and many other things..

If he left in the summer I wouldn't be too disappointed.. 

If he left in the summer most wouldn't notice.

For me it appears to be partially a confidence issue with Bailey and partially a strength thing...Both physically and mentally sadly. He needs to replicate what Gary Neville has mentioned has made the difference to Rashford, namely "get on the weights". He reminds me of Rashford when he was way out of form, weak on the ball, running up blind alleys and getting disposessed easily, lacking any confidence and wayward shooting etc. Rashford disappeared for quite a while but came back much stronger and look at him now. A similar thing is needed for Bailey i feel and that starts with him being dropped.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

For me it appears to be partially a confidence issue with Bailey and partially a strength thing...Both physically and mentally sadly. He needs to replicate what Gary Neville has mentioned has made the difference to Rashford, namely "get on the weights". He reminds me of Rashford when he was way out of form, weak on the ball, running up blind alleys and getting disposessed easily, lacking any confidence and wayward shooting etc. Rashford disappeared for quite a while but came back much stronger and look at him now. A similar thing is needed for Bailey i feel and that starts with him being dropped.

Yeah agreed. He doesn’t survive any shoulder 50/50 and his touch isn’t good enough to take it away each time. 

Team’s have sussed out that if you lay one on him, he doesn’t really respond in kind. Opposite of Jack or even younger Ashley when they would get laid out, they would come back at the defender even harder. 

Â