Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

I think he’s doing ok certainly not worthy of the abuse he gets on here, it was a combination of poor defending and not taking our chances, it’s not wrong to say Bailey should have buried his chance from the cut back and same of Ollie when Coutinho put him through on goal. Either way I think Bailey will be close to double figures goals and assists combined by end of the season.  

I disagree, the pass was behind him, he had to check his run and take the touch. It's why the shot was tame. 

43 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I disagree, the pass was behind him, he had to check his run and take the touch. It's why the shot was tame. 

Although he probably should have scored, it was awkward, so wouldn't hold that against him at all. His all-round performance, however, was poor.

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Although he probably should have scored, it was awkward, so wouldn't hold that against him at all. His all-round performance, however, was poor.

Fbref has best xG model as they get it from Opta. They gave it as 0.31 xG. 63rd min. So 31% chance of scoring.

Aston Villa 2 - 4 Leicester (February 04 2023) | Premier League | 2022/2023 | xG | Understat.com

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

IMHO Bailey should be told to take on defenders in the 18yard box,i,m sure we would get a few penalties

He should be told to sit on the bench and let Bertie have a go - that’s my opinion to be honest with you.

If Gerrard had afforded Bertie the same opportunities that Bailey has been, I doubt that he would have been shipped off to Turkey in the first place 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Awful player.

Nzogbia was better.

You could articulate yourself better instead of this nonsense, he's probably not good enough for where we want to go but bringing Charles into it just reflects poorly on you

• Like 1

He has been poor recently but still think his best position is on the wing that's where he has been at his best for us, playing him up top in a front 2 doesn't work  I'd be inclined to play him next week against Arsenal in a front 3 of Bailey, Duran & Watkins ... with Duran through the middle. It's all well & hood saying he is shit but we rarely play him in his best position. He is frustrating but there is a player in there we've seen it in parts

Â