Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Its quite obvious that he is a huge talent. But he is hugely inconsistent.  Emery is rightly persevering with him to see if he can help him get some more consistency. At some point one of two things will happen. He will either become consistent or he will be replaced with a player Emery believes is better and more consistent.  So lets support the lad and see if he can become the player his skillset suggests he can be 

• Like 3

Thought his link up play was much better today.  Some of our attacking passing moves involved him playing the ball off much more quickly.  Today he was part of a strong unit that kept the ball really well, restricted chances for the opposition and patiently waited. It was less about the individual. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Leons finishing wasnt good but his game wasnt as bad as some are making out.

Seems to struggle away from home for some reason. Ince he gets the goal away from home i think we will see a consistent bailey

He's got to play through this bad form and that can only come with games, really. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

He's got to play through this bad form and that can only come with games, really. 

He isnt on bad form though he was good last week. He is just inconsistent mainly sway from home.

I think its a confidence thing. Once we have another pacey wide player we are gonna see leons game into another league level 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its quite obvious that he is a huge talent. But he is hugely inconsistent.  Emery is rightly persevering with him to see if he can help him get some more consistency. At some point one of two things will happen. He will either become consistent or he will be replaced with a player Emery believes is better and more consistent.  So lets support the lad and see if he can become the player his skillset suggests he can be 

I think this is exactly what’s going to happen. The question is, will it happen now or in the Summer…

He has some the ability, I think, but he’s miles off it at times. For us to go where we want to, I’m going to bite the bullet and say he isn’t quite good enough I’m afraid. 

I questioned his attitude a lot last year and at times earlier in the season but I actually think that isn’t the issue at all. Just not sure he’s cut out for this league. Hope he proves me wrong.

He's got no competition for his place in reality. He needs to find some form before he does. 

I want him to do well, but not sure it's going to click for him. Thankfully it's not costing us at the moment, and we might get lucky and have him find his spark before it does. I'd be very happy if it does click, but pretty sure we'll be investing in another forward/ winger before the window closes and think that would be the end of him here. 

I sometimes feel some just legit wait for the kid to miss a chance or make a mistake.

Whether people want to admit it or not, he has contributed.

He has contributed to goals and points throughout the season.

Again, he frustrates me too, but i hate the way it seems he is almost being picked on.

Almost Anwar syndrome.

As another poster said, he's obviously talented, Emery is trying to get the best out of him with a combo of Man Management and perseverance.

It will either work, or he'll eventually be displaced by someone more consistent.

Either way, I feel we could do much worse than having him in our squad.

The good bits he does never gets any attention, but the moment he misses a chance or make a mistake it's full throttle " Get this wasteman out of my club " type posts ffs.

Emi Buendia is equally , if not sometimes more responsible for alot of careless play but doesn't get half the hate.

Note: I'm not saying Emi should get it either.. I just hate how people select a scapegoat and run with it, no matter what.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

I think today's game actually shows how he is improving, we are used to see him blow hot and cold, getting the ball in attacking positions and it's 50/50 if he fumbles over the ball or does something great, and then being sloppy in possession. Today he was more of a team player, he was careful with his passing and contributed to the overall play and keeping possession. He raised the lower standards of his game. That he can hit the hieghts we know.

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Gotta be honest..

I’m struggling to see a £30m improvement on Traore

Technically he would be an 13 million improvement on Traore

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Â