Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He isn’t, but I feel your anger. Right now, I’d have anyone in the team though above Bailey. Let’s be honest, he’s been pretty woeful for the most part since signing. 

Wouldn’t mind seeing him gone in the Summer. He’s not PL level based on what I’ve seen. 

Bailey is meant to be a player who causes problems for defenders with pace and trickery, but most of the time they look comfortable playing against him. I'm yet to be convinced he is good enough at this level. I hope he proves me wrong! 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

He was not the problem today. If we are looking for reasons for this loss, we should focus on Kamara, who actually has been our best player the last months.

Missed an easy chance, didn’t beat his man once. He’s pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Starting to lose faith that he'll come good.

He won’t be coming good - what we see is what we have.

The guy does have talented aspects to his game and would probably tear it up in Spain or Italy - but he ain’t doing anything for us, apart from his 1 in 10 showings.

Genuinely glad when Bert is ready to replace him  

Could forgive it if he was having bad luck or I could understand what he was trying to do. But his decision making is consistently poor. I think I've seen enough now to see that he's not good enough, sadly.

9 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

He was not the problem today. If we are looking for reasons for this loss, we should focus on Kamara, who actually has been our best player the last months.

What? Did you see the match?

He was abysmal. So it was a problem. He was a problem. The worst player by a mile.

Far worse than Kamara.

It was pathetic as you could be. If Kaden Young put that performance in we'd say he's not ready for men's football, send him back to the youth team.

• Like 2

Just now, Tom13 said:

Could forgive it if he was having bad luck or I could understand what he was trying to do. But his decision making is consistently poor. I think I've seen enough now to see that he's not good enough, sadly.

Nowhere near good enough. Some games he’s beyond bad. Like, you don’t actually think anyone could be that bad!

Gets the ball with 3 defenders  in front of him. Full back makes no attempt to overlap. Runs at defender and gives the ball away. Fans hurl abuse at him.

Next time he gets the ball with 3 defenders in front of him. Full back makes no attempt to overlap. Bailey passes sideways/backwards to keep the ball. Fans hurl abuse at him.

He genuinely must love the freedom of playing anywhere but Villa Park.

Hes not very good but I’m not really sure how many players would look good being asked to do what he is 99% of the time.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

What? Did you see the match?

He was abysmal. So it was a problem. He was a problem. The worst player by a mile.

Far worse than Kamara.

It was pathetic as you could be. If Kaden Young put that performance in we'd say he's not ready for men's football, send him back to the youth team.

He was bad, yes. But it was Kamara that cost us the match.

Just now, lexicon said:

But he didn't fluff them, though. He set them up very nicely. 

That first Ramsey chance he did well to put it on a plate in the end but the pass was to be played a couple of seconds earlier. He just always takes extra touches. Sometimes it works out okay like in that instance, but often it just leads to him losing the ball 

Â