Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Feel bad for being so critical but I’m a fickle little football muppet like most of us. Judging by some posts he’s made I think he’s probably a bit homesick and no wonder after such a hard start to life in England.

I think we need to give him a year minimum tbh. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

Feel bad for being so critical but I’m a fickle little football muppet like most of us. Judging by some posts he’s made I think he’s probably a bit homesick and no wonder after such a hard start to life in England.

It’s taken Buendia 6 months, and he’s only moved a couple of hundred miles.

This guy clearly has the raw attributes to be a big big player for us - but it’ll take time.

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

If he matches Bert's contributions last season in similar minutes he'll have done well. I'd like both to do a job for us. If Coutinho and Buendia keep their relative form I can't see the 2 former getting a start though

37 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If he matches Bert's contributions last season in similar minutes he'll have done well. I'd like both to do a job for us. If Coutinho and Buendia keep their relative form I can't see the 2 former getting a start though

Chukwuemeka will get minutes too. Will be interesting to see how Bailey fits in. 

• Like 1

Glad to see McGinn is really taking it in himself to build relationships with the squad and try and make them feel at home. Feels like Leon needed a bit of love this week.

https://instagram.com/stories/johnmcginn7/2769324050569484893?utm

Also lol that there's ever discussions of taking £40m - £50m for SJM, he's so important to us on the pitch and behind the scenes.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, villan-scott said:

AC536-CFE-C2-E2-4-DCC-9-B3-A-05-CE020454

Major announcement tomorrow? Wonder what that’ll be?

In the squad presumably? 

Not sure I'm keen on a training session dedicated to hitting the crossbar 😂😂

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

In the squad presumably? 

Not sure I'm keen on a training session dedicated to hitting the crossbar 😂😂

Nah Gerrard said he won't be in today, but hopefully we'll see him on the weekend. Think he'd be a great option to bring on for Coutinho as Trippier gets tired (hopefully!) Or to swap with Buendia in the right up against their LB which will probably be Paul Dummet with Targett ineligible

... To wear the colors of my country has been the greatest honour. Thank you Jamaica for blessing me with love and support always.

... Bayer Leverkusen & Germany opened their hearts & stadiums to me .I will never forget your love motivation and brotherhood. Forever grateful.

Just seems odd doing the career thank yous before a major announcement. 

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Nah Gerrard said he won't be in today, but hopefully we'll see him on the weekend. Think he'd be a great option to bring on for Coutinho as Trippier gets tired (hopefully!) Or to swap with Buendia in the right up against their LB which will probably be Paul Dummet with Targett ineligible

Trippier is injured? 

Bailey just needs time. I'd love to see him wide left with Buendia wide right and Coutinho behind the striker. Great forward line! 

On 07/02/2022 at 15:27, DCJonah said:

I'm more excited about Leon Bailey's potential than anyone else in the squad. 

I think there's a superstar there.

I am kinda with you here.

Its just been an unlucky start for both us and him....maybe the expectation has subsided to his advantage.

He is like a new signing....ease him in, let him get settled and we could have an outcome, like Emi Buendia.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Trippier is injured? 

Bailey just needs time. I'd love to see him wide left with Buendia wide right and Coutinho behind the striker. Great forward line! 

He played 90 mins yesterday. A slight calf issue but can't see him not being involved on the weekend 

Â