Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

7 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

That's because Traore isn't the shiny new toy anymore. He was bought a lifetime ago don't you know.

Fans want players that are consistent. The likes of Traore, El Ghazi, etc. switch off too often and become a liability despite some of their top class skills.

Wow, still 2 weeks away from training. That's going to mean still over a month from realistic selection. 

He's missed so much of the season, been very unlucky. 

Just now, sidcow said:

Wow, still 2 weeks away from training. That's going to mean still over a month from realistic selection. 

He's missed so much of the season, been very unlucky. 

He probably won't see it this way, but he's actually lucky we have so much in terms of attacking options meaning there's no rush to get him back before he's ready. That will do him the world of good going forward.

He still has a place in this team, and I'm still excited to see what he can do for us.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He needs to play up top with Coutinho and Buendia behind him at some point

I'd argue Coutinho central of the three, with Buendia and Bailey behind. Add Ramsey to the mix and you've got a nightmare for defences - so much technical ability, movement; all can score, all can create. 

• Like 1

Hopefully he gets to play another 10 games or so for us this season to come to terms with the pace of the division. 

He's going to be one for next season. Get him fit. Give him a few games. And then a proper pre-season and I've still got confidence he'll come good.

Not sure he's suited as a striker as some make out, mind. 

20 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

SG said he's scheduled to be on the grass before Leeds, not match fit but starting to up his fitness.

Lucky its not hayfever season otherwise that would put him out if action for a further four weeks

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lucky its not hayfever season otherwise that would put him out if action for a further four weeks

Tell me about it, hoping he gets the time to fully put himself back together this time and that he stays fit. Can't wait too see him in full flow.

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So if teams are managing to deal with Coutinho and Buendia we can Chuck on Traore and Bailey! We’ll have some great options when everyone is fit. 

Yeah Chuk into midfield and Bailey on for Coutinho. Ings in for Watkins. Game changers from the bench

On 01/02/2022 at 16:18, sidcow said:

Gosh, last 20 minutes against tiring defences.  That's some firepower to bring on.

Yes, the Gerrard/Beale 4-3-2-1 is pretty flexible I think with the players we have. The 2 10s could be Countinho and Buendia, playing narrower, dropping deep. Or you could have Bailey and Troare in there, which changes things pretty dramatically, would mean more work for the midfield 3, but those two in behind a striker would be pretty exciting if we were really going for it...

Then there's diff combinations of those 4 as well, or traore as a false 9 with Coutinho and Buendia behind....

All of a sudden we've got a shitload of attacking talent. Not even mentioned Carney.

Of course, we need them fit...

• Like 1

On 24/01/2022 at 21:10, nepal_villan said:

Fans want players that are consistent. The likes of Traore, El Ghazi, etc. switch off too often and become a liability despite some of their top class skills.

Bailey is no different. His pressing stats are much worse than Traore. I don't think SG will be a fan, probably of either

Â