The 2021 Tokyo Summer Olympics

sne

47 minutes ago, hogso said:

Men's Sync diving good viewing this morning 

Add cross country mountain biking and taekwondo to this list! 

On 23/07/2021 at 18:37, sne said:

And still every game is always branded as the best one ever by the Olympic president, and so will this one.

No not the Atlanta Olympics. That was declared the ‘most exceptional’ instead 😆

• Haha 1

It's bad enough that the BBC have basically none of this Olympics and I have to shell out for some **** app I don't want, but what makes it even worse is they . . . appear to have done no advertising at all about this? How come we're all only working this out for ourselves after it's already been on for about 3 days?

EDIT: Feel quite strongly that 'the entire Olympic package' should be on the reserved list of stuff that has to be free-to-air.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's bad enough that the BBC have basically none of this Olympics and I have to shell out for some **** app I don't want, but what makes it even worse is they . . . appear to have done no advertising at all about this? How come we're all only working this out for ourselves after it's already been on for about 3 days?

EDIT: Feel quite strongly that 'the entire Olympic package' should be on the reserved list of stuff that has to be free-to-air.

It feels like there’s going to be a LOT of in studio stuff with people going “he was ab-so-lutely amazing, you know, his whole life has been about this moment. He was so calm and all those years of preparation. He’s made his family proud, his coaches proud, and with this 7th place in the under 55kg Men’s doubles relay freestyle climbing he’s really put under 55kg Men’s doubles relay freestyle climbing on the map and inspiring potentially millions of kids to get out there and try under 55kg Men’s doubles relay freestyle climbing.”

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's very annoying indeed. However, I took the plunge and got the Eurosport player app for €12.50 for the year. It's brilliant. Every single live event is being shown. I've watched water polo, table tennis, synced diving, mountain biking and now the surfing. 

• Like 1

Gutted for Williams in the TaeKwondo.

She was 5 points up with about 10 seconds to go and lost it.

I actually think she **** it for herself. You can play those little time outs. The croatian girl was blowing out of her arse but that little break let her recover

• Like 1

Good day for the GB team, that cross country cycling looks good, I’m sure I’d kill myself. did a downhill trail once in New Zealand and broke a rib and sprained wrist that still hurts years later. The British guy was so calm though. 

People who posted about Robot Olympics before, may as well have posted a video of Peaty, the guy is just a machine. 

Appears the storm is closing in on Tokyo. Weather looks awful and the start women triathlon has been delayed due to poor visibility, winds and rain making the swimming unsafe.

Edited by sne

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Watched the mountain bike race. Nope couldn’t do that. Fantastic to watch. As for Peaty, Usain Bolt of the pool. 

Still haven't seen it but how was the "jumping over Mount Fiji" money shot?

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Still haven't seen it but how was the "jumping over Mount Fiji" money shot?

I think that was where a dutch rider went. Its ridiculously impressive but also absolutely terrifying. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think that was where a dutch rider went. Its ridiculously impressive but also absolutely terrifying. 

Yeah I saw him go so know what you mean

Watching the women's now, struggling for interest due to the Swiss woman being so far out in front and was flicking between this and the tennis but we won the tennis so there's not a lot on right now 

It looks horrible for them 😂

On watching the tennis and now flicking on a German in the judo and seeing it in the gymnastics yesterday

It seems weird to me that some countries don't have the exclusive kit deal that we have, Adidas do everything for us, Nike for yanks, mizuno for Japan

But in the tennis doubles the 2 germans had different shirts on, the gymnasts had someone else, the judo guy has mizuno, yet Adidas sponsor the team... They don't sponsor the sports or the individuals, looks strange to me given what we have 

Maybe a sign of our overhaul and good management of the whole thing 

Edited by villa4europe

Going round that course with your tyres covered with mud must be terrifying.

Shame Jenny Rissveds is having a poor day and wont defend her gold from Rio but still great that shes back after everything she's been through

Edit: Apparently she's had a flat tyre and have had to stop and change it which probably made her day even worse.

Edited by sne

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

On watching the tennis and now flicking on a German in the judo and seeing it in the gymnastics yesterday

It seems weird to me that some countries don't have the exclusive kit deal that we have, Adidas do everything for us, Nike for yanks, mizuno for Japan

But in the tennis doubles the 2 germans had different shirts on, the gymnasts had someone else, the judo guy has mizuno, yet Adidas sponsor the team... They don't sponsor the sports or the individuals, looks strange to me given what we have 

Maybe a sign of our overhaul and good management of the whole thing 

Sweden have Uniqlo who apparently have made very poor clothes that are very hot and don't breathe properly.

But Puma who sponsors Armand Duplantis (pole jump) have bought the rights to the Swedish athletics team as they want to see their athlete win in the Puma kit. Apparently they've paid quite a lot of money for the privilege.

Edit: Apparently it's the Puma kits that are too hot and the long distance athletes are complaining about.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Missed the start of the race but apparently just 40 minutes before the start they were forced to make changes due to "extreme weather conditions".

•  One lap cancelled in the ladies' race.
  •  Parts of the track have been completely closed.
  •  Several parts of the course have been widened.
  •  At the biggest jump, there is now a "safer" way for those who do not want to risk falling when landing in the mud.

Â