The 2021 Tokyo Summer Olympics

sne

Just watching this women’s road race. My god the commentator is terrible. Every K that ticks down he says it’s going to be a big (says the amount) to go. Yes we get it, people don’t normally lead this long, but change the record.

Enjoyed watching the diving and taekwondo this morning. Now that it's started, I am glad it's on, as I'm finding entertainment in seeing these 30 min / hour long snippets of sports I generally never see. 

I like that feeling when you become an expert in any given event after watching for about 5 mins. I find myself very quickly saying things aloud like 'ooohh bad dive that, sync was out, very big splash. 5.5'. 

• Like 2

France beating the US of A in the opening round of the Basketball tournament. The US has been in terrible form so maybe not a huge upset but still.

• Like 1

This BBC / Discovery deal has really done me over. The BBC coverage used to be amazing but now I'm stuck with two events. 

Asparagus to nothing but I was watching the gymnastics earlier and there was the most annoying northern co-commentater droning on. 

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

This BBC / Discovery deal has really done me over. The BBC coverage used to be amazing but now I'm stuck with two events. 

The coverage is quite annoying, but not much the BBC could really have done about it. Discovery paid around £900m for the exclusive rights across Europe - about three times the annual budget of BBC2, or the equivalent of 24 years of Radio 1.

Given the Brexit morons have decided that the BBC is the next thing they should try and ruin, it's probably not the most sensible thing to spend that much cash on. 

On 23/07/2021 at 15:56, GarethRDR said:

Should have just kept everyone safe at home and instead had a proxy-Olympics contested by robots.  I mean if any country could have pulled that off, it would be Japan.  I'd watch the hell out of the Robolympics.

olympics robot

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Asparagus to nothing but I was watching the gymnastics earlier and there was the most annoying northern co-commentater droning on. 

Yeah this is a shame. My mom stayed up until 3am to watch the rowing the other night because two lads from a village near where she's from in West Cork were competing and the BBC didn't show it.

Is there any way to watch every event in the UK now?

Edit: I've just done some research into this... It's all on Discovery+ which is £6.99 for a month so probably worth signing up for a month if you want all the coverage. OR appasrently you can get 12 months free if you're a Sky Q customer. I haven't done it yet but I'll investigate and see what happens

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah this is a shame. My mom stayed up until 3am to watch the rowing the other night because two lads from a village near where she's from in West Cork were competing and the BBC didn't show it.

Is there any way to watch every event in the UK now?

Edit: I've just done some research into this... It's all on Discovery+ which is £6.99 for a month so probably worth signing up for a month if you want all the coverage. OR appasrently you can get 12 months free if you're a Sky Q customer. I haven't done it yet but I'll investigate and see what happens

I've just seen that Eurosport player has multiple events. So they're doing what the BBC used to do. They're owned by discovery. It's €12.50 for a whole years subscription with a 3 day free trial. 

Â