The 2021 Tokyo Summer Olympics

sne

1 hour ago, sne said:

Djokovic out of the tennis, no golden slam for him. Still on for the grand slam thou.

One thing I wonder about the Olympics is when you get these incredibly rich superstars, do they stay in the same shared accommodation as the others? Do they catch the same bus to the venue and eat in the same canteen?

Or do they do their own thing?

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

One thing I wonder about the Olympics is when you get these incredibly rich superstars, do they stay in the same shared accommodation as the others? Do they catch the same bus to the venue and eat in the same canteen?

Or do they do their own thing?

The US basketball team usually stays in some luxury accommodation. Partly because they are so tall and big of course. 

Ronaldinho stayed at the Olympic village, partly because he wanted to boink as many female athletes as possible. Think Lindsey Vonn stayed in a house of her own at her latest Olympic while the rest of the US alpine team lived in the village.

• Thanks 1

Poor on the men's BMX coverage as they cut to the studio after highlights of the semi finals before returning to the final, and the last thing the daft woman (didn't catch her name) says is that the British guy has done really well to get silver. There went the tension for the final!

No idea why they didn't just show all the coverage together, then go back to the studio after. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pretty amazing from the Jamaican long jumper Tajay Gayle who injured his knee in the first jump, then had a completely failed attempt in the second jump where he injured himself even more. Looked like he was going to have to retire from the competition but somehow he managed to get his leg bandaged up enough to the able to do a third jump even thou he could hardly walk and managed to do 8.14 to qualify for the final.

No idea if he'll be able to take part in the final but heart of a lion on that guy who was one the favorites ahead of the qualifications.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Gold & silver for Sweden in the discus :hooray:

Ståhl with the expected gold but fantastic performance from Simon Pettersson to get the silver.

FANTASTIC!!!!!! Good thing the Čeh foul didn't matter. I was fuming

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

FANTASTIC!!!!!! Good thing the Čeh foul didn't matter. I was fuming

Yeah, would have been sad for everyone involved if it's been decided via a protest. Pretty sure the jury would have removed that result but someone would have missed out on the euphoria of the moment.

19 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

great 100m women’s final

the Jamaican girls are not very pally are they?? 

Probably the most muted 1,2,3 medal haul celebration ever!  

Usain Bolt vs Asafa Powell flashbacks :D 

• Like 2

Â