Loan Thread 2021/22

Hornso

Bradley Young returning is a little more surprising as he was getting plenty of game time He's someone we could perhaps keep with the U23s for the second half of the season allowing us to loan out Caleb Chukwuemeka.

Dominic Revan could probably do with us finding him another loan though, as will be hard for him to get game time for our U23s ahead of the likes of Feeney, Bogarde, and Swinkels, Appiah, Sohna, and Zito are also still at the club. When you think there's also Bridge, we've got a lot of central defenders at U23 level.

Monday's game against Middlesbrough could be interesting, the way it's going we've virtually got the FA Youth Cup winning team back, Seb Revan and Kesler-Hayden the only ones still away, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Seb Revan return.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Bradley Young returning is a little more surprising as he was getting plenty of game time He's someone we could perhaps keep with the U23s for the second half of the season allowing us to loan out Caleb Chukwuemeka.

Dominic Revan could probably do with us finding him another loan though, as will be hard for him to get game time for our U23s ahead of the likes of Feeney, Bogarde, and Swinkels, Appiah, Sohna, and Zito are also still at the club. When you think there's also Bridge, we've got a lot of central defenders at U23 level.

Monday's game against Middlesbrough could be interesting, the way it's going we've virtually got the FA Youth Cup winning team back, Seb Revan and Kesler-Hayden the only ones still away, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Seb Revan return.

The tweet makes it sound like was a short term loan. Maybe we or Carlisle didnt want to extend it

I wonder what our Loans Manager Adam Henshall makes of all these players being called back, hopefully does better with finding clubs for our youngsters in the second half of the season. Although obviously there's only so much that he can do.

Edited by useless

On 09/01/2022 at 10:33, Phil Silvers said:

Anyone keeping up with Mungo Bridge's progress at Annecy, they are 3rd in the National and it looks like he's only made 2 appearances, can't find his thread on here.

He was one of the bright lights for me among the others, anything?

He hasn't made many of their matchday squads. I believe his contract expires at the end of the season as well, so I don't think he's got any chance of an extension.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

He hasn't made many of their matchday squads. I believe his contract expires at the end of the season as well, so I don't think he's got any chance of an extension.

I know they all can't make it but he looked on a par with the rest that year, oh well, still wish him well.

• Like 1

Its quite common for new managers to want to see close up the youngsters who have been loaned out. This often results in getting most players back in early January and then loaning out lots toward the end of January. But not necessarily the same players nor necessarily to the same clubs!

the other thing that is happening this year is that because of Covid etc many clubs are 'hoarding' fringe players for now, resulting in lower league clubs struggling to sign the loanees they want. Plenty more will happen in th second half of January!  

• Like 1

Summary of Recalled Loan Spells

Louie Barry (Ipswich Town) [League 1, League Cup, & EFL Trophy]
League 1 - 1 start, 1 sub, 68 minutes, 57.1% pass accuracy, 6.14 WhoScored.com rating
League Cup - 1 start, 64 minutes. 4 shots, 86.7% pass accuracy. 6.16 WhoScored.com rating. 
EFL Trophy - 2 starts, 1 sub, 154 minutes.

Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Swindon Town) [League 2 & FA Cup]
League 2 - 16 starts, 2 subs, 1493 minutes, 1 assist, 2 yellow cards, 1 red card, 1.6 shots per game, 78.7% pass accuracy, 6.66 WhoScored.com rating.
FA Cup - 3 starts, 270 minutes.

Dominic Revan (Northampton Town) [League 2, FA Cup & EFL Trophy]
League 2 - 1 start, 2 subs, 139 minutes, 36.7% pass accuracy. 6.20 WhoScored.com rating.
FA Cup - 1 start, 90 minutes.
EFL Trophy - 2 starts, 180 minutes.

Brad Young (Carlisle) [League 2, FA Cup, & EFL Trophy]
League 2 - 7 starts, 7 subs, 660 minutes, 1 shot per game, 73.8% pass accuracy, 6.10 WhoScored.com rating.
FA Cup - 1 start, 1 sub, 90 minutes, 1 goal, 1 assist.
EFL Trophy - 3 starts, 234 minutes, 2 goals.

Arjan Raikhy (Stockport County) [Conference & FA Cup]
Conference - 4 starts, 1 sub, 1 yellow card.
FA Cup - 1 start, 2 subs, 83 minutes.

Wesley (Club Brugge) [Pro League & Champions League]
Pro League - 1 start, 2 subs, 69 minutes, 0.7 shots per game, 57.7% pass accuracy, 6.06 WhoScored.com rating.
Champions League - 2 subs, 26 minutes, 1 yellow card, 66.7% pass accuracy, 5.91 WhoScored.com rating.

Edited by Hornso
  • Thanks 2

Summary since Jan 4 - Kesler-Hayden & Davis get TV Cup exposure

Finn Azaz (Newport County) 7th/24
Home to Salford City (0-2) - Substituted in the 66th minute. 47 touches, 63.3% pass accuracy, 2 shots, 1 shot on target. Own Goal. WhoScored.com rating of 5.30. 

Mungo Bridge (Annecy) 2nd/18
Home to FBBP 01 (2-0) - Not in the squad

Keinan Davis (Nottingham Forest)
Home to Arsenal [FA Cup 3rd Round] (1-0) - Substituted in the 67th minute. 41 touches, 64% pass accuracy, 1 shot. WhoScored.com rating of 6.27.

Frederic Guilbert (Strasbourg) 8th/20
Away at Metz (0-2) - Played 90 minutes. 65 touches, 75.7% pass accuracy, 2 shots. Hit the goal frame. WhoScored.com rating of 7.07.

Conor Hourihane (Sheffield United)
Away at Wolves [FA Cup 3rd Round] (3-0) - Played 90 minutes.

Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Swindon Town)
Home to Manchester City [FA Cup 3rd Round] (1-4) - Played 90 minutes.

Seb Revan (Grimsby Town) 10th/23
Home to Halifax Town (1-0) - Unused substitute.

Tyreik Wright (Salford City) 11th/24
Away at Newport County (0-2) - Came on in the 69th minute. 12 touches, 50% pass accuracy, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.08.
Home to Tranmere Rovers (1-1) - Played 90 minutes. 47 touches, 58.1% pass accuracy, 3 shots, 1 key pass. Booked. WhoScored.com rating of 6.00.

Also, welcome to the thread:

Aaron Ramsey (Cheltenham Town) 13th/24

And a new look for:

Wesley (Internacional)

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BOF said:

Looks like Caleb may be going up to Livingston.

Gone!

Seems to be a decent move for him - hopefully gets a decent amount of game time. 

Clearly a lot of the loans haven't work but also seems that Gerrard wants a proper look at everyone. Hopefully we can get these youngsters either into the team or on loans where they are going to get the game time. 

Edited by cyrusr
  • Thanks 1