Loan Thread 2021/22

Hornso

Brad Young being linked with a move away as well. Second half of the season probably going to see Shakpoke and Sewell as the U23 strikers, with Lutz and Moore getting more game time at U18 level.

Grimsby just scored from a Raikhy corner... @officialgtfc 34' GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! Raikhy's corner is drilled into the box and we can't really tell you who got the final touch but who cares!!!... Not sure if he gets the assist or whether someone else got a touch first.

• Like 1

Summary update - I believe I haven't missed anyone?

Cameron Archer (Preston)
Finn Azaz (Newport County)
Louie Barry (Swindon)
Caleb Chukwuemeka (Livingston)
Keinan Davis (Nottingham Forest)
Anwar El Ghazi (Everton)
Frederic Guilbert (Strasbourg)
Conor Hourihane (Sheffield United)
Lovre Kalinic (Hajduk Split)
Ákos Onódi (Bromsgrove Sporting)
Jaden Philogene-Bidace (Stoke)
Arjan Raikhy (Grimsby)
Aaron Ramsey (Cheltenham Town)
Seb Revan (Hereford)
Wesley (Internacional)

Not expecting Barry to start as Swindon have been doing relatively well and challening for play-offs, but would be good to see him get a decent amount of game time coming off the bench and then hopefully play his way into the team that way, same for Ramsey at Cheltenham.

We could have a lot of our young attacking talent in action tonight with potential for Caleb Chukwuemea, Archer, Barry, Wright and Aaron Ramsey to get game time, would be nice to see a few goals from them.

Not surprised about the others, but was expecting that least Archer would get a start.

Saw these comments from the Cheltenham manager quoted by 'Gloucestershire Live' earlier...

' AJ is a good player and I was desperate to put him on (against Wigan), Because it was so nip and tuck and he's 19 years old, it's having the nerve to put him on in such a close game. But trust me he's a good player - we see it in training all the time and he has a chance of going right to the top.'

Which are complimentary in one way, but in another worrying, because we don't want him only playing when Cheltenham are either comfortably winning or the game is already lost, we need them to trust him when there's still something to play for

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

No starters which is a bit disappointing. Surprised to see Archer dropped.

Well away to Millwall, they'll try rough him up. Might be a bit much starting him too as he's not as match fit as the rest of their squad, the games come thick and fast in Championship. He started on Saturday and it's a Tuesday game tonight so not a big turn around. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Not surprised about the others, but was expecting that least Archer would get a start.

Saw these comments from the Cheltenham manager quoted by 'Gloucestershire Live' earlier...

' AJ is a good player and I was desperate to put him on (against Wigan), Because it was so nip and tuck and he's 19 years old, it's having the nerve to put him on in such a close game. But trust me he's a good player - we see it in training all the time and he has a chance of going right to the top.'

Which are complimentary in one way, but in another worrying, because we don't want him only playing when Cheltenham are either comfortably winning or the game is already lost, we need them to trust him when there's still something to play for

Its that age old issue of not trusting the kids . When they should.  

Maybe I’m being cynical, but can we start doing our research a little more with our loans?

It seems that everywhere we send our players, they just stick them on the fu****g bench. 

Aaron Ramsey is a super young player, we need him to be starting games. 

• Like 1