Loan Thread 2021/22

Hornso

Summary from the weekend - Freddie likes France

Louie Barry (Ipswich Town)
Home to Arsenal U/21s [EFL Trophy 2nd Round] (2-2p) - Not in the squad

Frederic Guilbert (Strasbourg) 6th/20
Home to Bordeaux (5-2) - Substituted after 68 minutes. 49 touches, 79.2% pass accuracy, 1 shot, 2 key passes. Assist. WhoScored.com rating of 6.85.

Wesley (Club Brugge)
Away at Genk [Belgian Cup Round of 16] (3-3p) - Not in the squad.

• Thanks 2

Brad Young has been getting a lot of game time recently, a lot of starts as well, all in all seems that his loan is going well, only thing that seems to be missing is more goals, but I don't think Carlise are a particularly good side, so they probably don't create a lot of chances for him.

• Like 3

I wouldn't have guessed at the start of the season that come Decemeber Kesler-Hayden would have more league goals than Bradley Young and Louie Barry combined, and that he would only have to score one league goal himself to acheive that.

Will be interesting to see what happens in January, we may well be calling a few back, either to play for our U23s or to send to others clubs, and there's a few still with us that might go out on loan.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, useless said:

I wouldn't have guessed at the start of the season that come December Kesler-Hayden would have more league goals than Bradley Young and Louie Barry combined.

Kaine's goal today was his first wasn't it and not a league goal?

I thought Brad Young had got one in the league?

Summary from Monday night - Mungo come home

Mungo Bridge (Annecy) 4th/18
Home to Chateauroux (0-0) - Not in the squad

I also omitted yesterday that Akos Onodi yesterday wasn't in the squad for Bromsgrove Sporting's 0-0 with Royston Town.

• Thanks 2

Summary from Tuesday night - Finn Azaz - Loan star shining.

Finn Azaz (Newport County) 8th/24
Home to Sutton (3-2) - Played 90 minutes. 61 touches, 75.6% pass accuracy, 8 shots, 2 shots on target, 3 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 7.18.

Louie Barry (Ipswich Town) 11th/24
Away at Charlton (2-0) - Not in the squad

Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Swindon Town) 5th/24
Away at Leyton Orient (4-1) - Played 90 minutes. 64 touches, 77.5% pass accuracy, 1 shot, 1 shot on target. WhoScored.com rating of 5.95.

Dominic Revan (Northampton) 2nd/24
Away at Exeter (1-2) - Not in the squad.

Wesley (Club Brugge) 4th/4
Away at PSG [Champions League Group Stage] (4-1) - Unused substitute.

Brad Young (Carlisle) 22nd/24
Away at Mansfield (1-0) - Substituted in the 77th minute. 29 touches, 72.2% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 5.84.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 04/12/2021 at 15:33, useless said:

Brad Young has been getting a lot of game time recently, a lot of starts as well, all in all seems that his loan is going well, only thing that seems to be missing is more goals, but I don't think Carlise are a particularly good side, so they probably don't create a lot of chances for him.

Change of manager has seen him play more often.

Keith Millen said just after he came in that they have the wrong type of players for their division, but they never spend any/much money and always have loans and short-term contracts, so I doubt they'll sign many new players in January - hopefully that means he thinks Young is as close to the type of player he feels they need and will play more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Hornso said:

Interesting video, think he speaks very well for a young man. Funny to hear he lives with Kevin Ellison, how that man is still going I do not understand, but at least it sounds like he's learning how he looks after himself.

• Like 1

On 13/12/2021 at 02:30, StewieGriffin said:

Change of manager has seen him play more often.

Keith Millen said just after he came in that they have the wrong type of players for their division, but they never spend any/much money and always have loans and short-term contracts, so I doubt they'll sign many new players in January - hopefully that means he thinks Young is as close to the type of player he feels they need and will play more

Young's style of play should be very useful tbh - he's got a tremendous amount of work rate and energy to press and harry the opposition. If I were managing at that level I'd be getting him to press the CBs relentlessly, as their lack of technical ability (with all due respect) should mean they'll slip up under pressure at some point. 

Sorry for the delay. Busy couple of days...

Summary from midweek - Guilbert plays, Barry & Wesley don't. What's new?!

Louie Barry (Ipswich Town)
Away at Barrow [FA Cup 2nd Round Replay] (2-0) - Not in the squad

Frederic Guilbert (Strasbourg)
Away at Valenciennes [Coupe de France Round of 64] (0-1) - Played 90 minutes.

Wesley (Club Brugge) 2nd/18
Away at OH Leuven (1-4) - Not in the squad.

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 13/12/2021 at 23:50, HanoiVillan said:

Interesting video, think he speaks very well for a young man. Funny to hear he lives with Kevin Ellison, how that man is still going I do not understand, but at least it sounds like he's learning how he looks after himself.

Ellison is in incredible shape 'for his age' but is also (apparently) a massively influential person in the Newport squad.  There for experience and camaraderie rather than footballing ability these days.

• Like 1