Loan Thread 2021/22

Hornso

On 22/11/2021 at 00:38, Hornso said:

Conor Hourihane (Sheffield United) 17th/24
Home to Coventry (0-0) - Played 90 minutes. 84 touches, 75.4% pass accuracy, 2 shots, 5 key passes. Booked. WhoScored.com rating of 7.75.

Thought he was poor and very one paced myself from what I seen of it, I sometimes feel the whoscored ratings can be a bit off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Thought he was poor and very one paced myself from what I seen of it, I sometimes feel the whoscored ratings can be a bit off.

Following them for a while now so I am starting to get a bit of a feel for them. 5 key passes is very high so no doubt would have had a big impact on his score. Of course for somebody like Hourihane he could have taken 5 corners which a Sheffield United player got on the end of as opposed to 5 defense splitting passes which put a player through on goal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

That one caught my eye I have to say, don't think you see 7.8 as a rating without a goal or assist very often, especially for a midfielder or forward.

Summary from Tuesday night

Finn Azaz (Newport County) 9th/24
Away at Crawley (1-1) - Played 90 minutes. 59 touches, 72.2% pass accuracy, 3 shots, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.70.

Louie Barry (Ipswich Town) 13th/24
Home to Rotherham (0-2) - Not in the squad

Conor Hourihane (Sheffield United) 16th/24
Away at Reading (0-1) - Came on in the 71st minute. 19 touches, 92.3% pass accuracy, 2 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.23.

Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Swindon Town) 3rd/24
Home to Hartlepool (3-1) - Played 90 minutes. 55 touches, 90.6% pass accuracy, 2 shots. WhoScored.com rating of 7.01.

Ákos Onódi (Bromsgrove Sporting) 13th/21
Away at St Ives Town (2-2) - Not in the squad.

Arjan Raikhy (Stockport County) 9th/23
Home to King's Lynn Town (5-0) - Unused substitute.

Dominic Revan (Northampton) 4th/24
Home to Oldham (2-1) - Not in the squad.

Seb Revan (Grimsby Town) 3rd/23
Away at Solihull Moors (2-0) - Unused substitute.

Tyreik Wright (Salford City) 16th/24
Home to Bristol Rovers (1-1) - Substituted at half time. 20 touches, 58.3% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 6.09. (Teammate red carded just before half time - tactical sub?)

Brad Young (Carlisle) 23rd/24
Home to Harrogate (0-2) - Substituted in the 68th minute. 30 touches, 83.3% pass accuracy, 3 shots. Hit the goal frame. WhoScored.com rating of 6.53.

• Thanks 4

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is Onodi injured? The two times I've seen him for Bromsgrove he was fine, definitely didn't deserve dropping. Also a bit disappointed that Seb Revan doesn't seem to be getting any game time now either.

Something must be up with Onodi, I don't see why he would be left out of the squad completely otherwise. I can't find any info though.

As for Revan, apart from that FA Cup game where he tore it up (coincidentally against Onodi) he hasn't been given much of a chance.

• Like 1

Summary from Wednesday night - Die Meister, Die Besten, Les Grandes Équipes, The Champions

Wesley (Club Brugge) 4th/4
Home to RB Leipzig [Champions League Group Stage] (0-5) - Came on in the 82nd minute. 7 touches, 80% pass accuracy. Booked. WhoScored.com rating of 5.83.

• Thanks 1

Owning clubs around the globe as alluded to by Purslow in his interview might help us in terms loaning players out as well and ensuring that they get game time. Obviously the US and Vegas is being talked about but Purlsow also talked about territories all around the world and us investing in professional teams presumably meaning teams that already exist.

• Like 1

Summary from the weekend - Finn continues to impress, Hourihane back in favour. 

Finn Azaz (Newport County) 9th/24
Away at Colchester (1-1) - Played 90 minutes. 67 touches, 61.2% pass accuracy, 4 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 7.41.

Louie Barry (Ipswich Town) 11th/24
Home to Crewe (2-1) - Not in the squad

Mungo Bridge (Annecy)
No game - quick google shows he played 90 minutes in a friendly loss versus Saint-Priest.

Frederic Guilbert (Strasbourg) 8th/20
Away at Monaco (1-1) - Played 90 minutes. 72 touches, 68.2% pass accuracy, 1 shot. WhoScored.com rating of 6.37.

Conor Hourihane (Sheffield United) 13th/24
Home to Bristol City (2-0) - Substituted in the 99th minute. 59 touches, 77.8% pass accuracy, 4 shots, 1 shot on target, 2 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 7.26.

Lovre Kalinic (Hajduk Split) 4th/10
Home to Istra 1961 (4-0) - Played 90 minutes.

Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Swindon Town) 4th/24
Home to Harrogate (1-1) - Substituted in the 92nd minute. 66 touches, 77.1% pass accuracy, 3 shots, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.46.

Arjan Raikhy (Stockport County) 8th/23
Away at Wealdstone (1-4) - Not in the squad.

Dominic Revan (Northampton) 2nd/24
Home to Leyton Orient (1-0) - Not in the squad.

Wesley (Club Brugge) 3rd/18
Away at Genk (2-3) - Not in the squad.

Tyreik Wright (Salford City) 11th/24
Away at Harrogate (0-2) - Unused substitute.

Brad Young (Carlisle) 22nd/24
Home to Walsall (1-0) - Substituted in the 62nd minute. 21 touches, 100% pass accuracy, 1 shot, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.18.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Think we need to be bringing some of these lads back in Jan and finding another loan for them.

Barry, Bridge, Raikhy, the Revans & Wesley could all fall into that category.

42 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Barry, Bridge, Raikhy, the Revans & Wesley could all fall into that category.

Wesley can’t as he’s already played for two clubs this season. So he’ll either have to stay there or come back here. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Wesley can’t as he’s already played for two clubs this season. So he’ll either have to stay there or come back here. 

Don't those rules apply to a calender year and not a season?

Summary from Tuesday night - Kalinic into the semis

Lovre Kalinic (Hajduk Split)
Away to NK Lokomotiva [Crotian Cup QF] (3-6) - Played 90 minutes.

Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Swindon Town)
Home to Colchester [EFL Trophy 2nd Round] (1-2) - Not in the squad.

Brad Young (Carlisle) 23rd/24
Home to Lincoln [EFL Trophy 2nd Round] (1p-1) - Came on at the start of the 2nd half. Scored in the penalty shootout.

• Thanks 1

On 29/11/2021 at 17:46, Dante_Lockhart said:

Think we need to be bringing some of these lads back in Jan and finding another loan for them.

Maybe - might be best for some of them to have to fight for their place in the team and step up their game in training etc to impress. It depends on the situation, I suppose, and whether we trust the judgment of the clubs we've sent them to.

• Like 1