Loan Thread 2021/22

Hornso

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

Ellison is in incredible shape 'for his age' but is also (apparently) a massively influential person in the Newport squad.  There for experience and camaraderie rather than footballing ability these days.

He definitely played vs us in a cup game about 15 years ago and he looked about 38 then. Incredible to play so long as an outfielder

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He definitely played vs us in a cup game about 15 years ago and he looked about 38 then. Incredible to play so long as an outfielder

Yeah, I remember his first stint at Chester when I was going there a bit in 2004. He was 25 then!

On 14/12/2021 at 01:22, Hornso said:

Summary from Monday night

Ákos Onódi (Bromsgrove Sporting) 12th/21
Away at Redditch United (1-1) - Not in the squad.

This might be the most disappointing of all to be honest.

Barry gets the headlines because of how well known he is, but I kind of feel like he is going to make it regardless.  The narrative being against him with his loan just feels like an obstacle be will inevitably overcome on his journey.

For onodi however, I'm really disappointed that he seems to be struggling to win favour at Bromsgrove. What a shame. He seemed so promising. Struggling there feels like a death knell

Have to agree, if you're on loan at level 8 at the age of 20, the odds are against you making it in the professional game. If you're not impressing at that level, well, it's probably time to learn a trade.

Onódi was a regular for Sporting Bromsgrove up until a month or so back and was also winning their man of the match award on a fairly regular basis. I'm pretty sure he hasn't gone from that to being not picked at all because he's not good enough, it will more than likely be because he's injured.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, useless said:

Onódi was a regular for Sporting Bromsgrove up until a month or so back and was also winning their man of the match award on a fairly regular basis. I'm pretty sure he hasn't gone from that to being not picked at all because he's not good enough, it will more than likely be because he's injured.

I agree. I've had a bit of a look in recent weeks but haven't been able to find anything. If it was due to form, surely he'd be making the bench. 

Summary from the weekend - The Finn Azaz loan thread continues

Finn Azaz (Newport County) 6th/24
Away at Rochdale (3-0) - Played 90 minutes. 66 touches, 66.7% pass accuracy, 4 shots, 2 shots on target, 2 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.90.

Louie Barry (Ipswich Town) 11th/24
Home to Sunderland (1-1) - Not in the squad

Lovre Kalinic (Hajduk Split) 4th/10
Home to Osijek (0-0) - Played 90 minutes. Booked.

Home to Hednesford Town (2-2) - Not in the squad.

Arjan Raikhy (Stockport County)
Home to Grimsby Town [FA Trophy 3rd Round] (4-0) - Not in the squad.

Seb Revan (Grimsby Town)
Away at Stockport County [FA Trophy 3rd Round] (4-0) - Played 90 minutes.

Wesley (Club Brugge) 2nd/18
Home to Anderlecht (2-2) - Not in the squad.

Tyreik Wright (Salford City) 13th/24
Home to Stevenage (1-0) - Came on in the 72nd minute. 9 touches, 25% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 6.05.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Summary from Monday night

Conor Hourihane (Sheffield United) 11th/24
Away at Fulham (0-1) - Substituted in the 76th minute. 46 touches, 62.5% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 6.68.

• Thanks 1

Judging by these quotes from Gerrard seems there's a good chance that a few might be returning to the club in January...

"We'll continue to build that relationship and we'll analyse all of the loans. We might make a few decisions on one or two in terms of coming back who are not playing much game time because I don't see any point in our players being at any other club if they're not playing. So, we'll make some decisions on a few. If people are out playing and are enjoying the experience we won't interfere, they'll continue to progress and develop."

Birmingham Mail

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Summary from the Christmas/New Year period - It's beginning to look a lot like Covidmas

Finn Azaz (Newport County) 7th/24
Away at Walsall (3-3) - Played 90 minutes. 51 touches, 53.3% pass accuracy, 1 shot, 1 key pass, hit the goal frame. WhoScored.com rating of 7.37

Louie Barry (Ipswich Town) 11th/24
Home to Wycombe (1-0) - Not in the squad

Frederic Guilbert (Strasbourg)
Away at Montpellier [Coupe de France R32] (1-0) - Played 90 minutes.

Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Swindon Town) 5th/24
Home to Stevenage (0-0) - Played 90 minutes. 68 touches, 81.3% pass accuracy, 1 shot, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.43.
Home to Northampton (5-2) - Played 90 minutes. 69 touches, 65.1% pass accuracy, 2 key passes. Booked. WhoScored.com rating of 6.77.

Home to Stourbridge (0-2) - Not in the squad.
Away at Stratford Town (0-0) - Not in the squad.

Arjan Raikhy (Stockport County) 10th/23
Home to Altrincham (5-1) - Not in the squad.
Away at Solihull Moors (0-1) - Not in the squad.

Dominic Revan (Northampton) 2nd/24
Away at Swindon (5-2) - Not in the squad.

Wesley (Club Brugge) 2nd/18
Home to OH Leuven [Belgium Cup QF] (4-1) - Not in the squad.
Away at Cercle Brugge (2-0) - Not in the squad.

Brad Young (Carlisle) 21st/24
Away at Scunthorpe (0-1) - Unused substitute.

Also welcome to the thread...

Keinan Davis (Nottingham Forest) 9th/24

Please let me know if you hear of loan recalls as I might be a bit slow on the uptake for another week or so.

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

No idea if they're usually reliable but 'AVFCFaithful_' have tweeted this... 'Believe Brad Young also recalled from Carlisle'.

Grimsby played today and Revan was on the bench, so maybe that's why we haven't heard about him yet.

• Thanks 1

So really we need to recall Barry, Young, Raikhy, Revan (both?), Bridge, and find them clubs where they will actually get game time.

(as of writing this, i believe we have defo recalled Barry & Raikhy)

Summary from Monday night - Recall everyone

Away at Biggleswade Town (0-0) - Not in the squad

Seb Revan (Grimsby Town) 10th/23
Home to Halifax Town (1-1) - Unused substitute.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

So really we need to recall Barry, Young, Raikhy, Revan (both?), Bridge, and find them clubs where they will actually get game time.

Rumours are that Young is recalled as well

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Raikhy and Dom Revan both confirmed now. We are seemingly pulling a lot back from loan aren't we? Sadly most have not worked out which is a shame as would be good for the players to get the minutes. U23 football does not really prepare players for 1st team football.