Loan Thread 2021/22

Hornso

Summary from Wednesday night 

Indiana Vassilev (Inter Miami) 20th/27
Home to Toronto (3-0) - Played 90 minutes. 38 touches, 89.3% pass accuracy, 1 shot, 2 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 6.62

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I must admit I find it harder to warm to Finn Azaz with him not having ever played for us at any age group. It always seems a bit odd when you take a player from another side then loan him out immediately - I wonder if he's ever been to Bodymoor?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I must admit I find it harder to warm to Finn Azaz with him not having ever played for us at any age group. It always seems a bit odd when you take a player from another side then loan him out immediately - I wonder if he's ever been to Bodymoor?

Probably not. This one feels like a favour to an agent, though he seems to be doing alright on loan and as @bobzy said, it was a lovely assist he laid on the other day. 

• Like 1

Summary from Tuesday night - Nothing to see here

Mungo Bridge (Annecy) 1st/18
Away at Avranches (2-0) - Not in the squad.

Lovre Kalinic (Hajduk Split)
Away at Belisce [Croatian Cup Round of 16] (1-5) - Unused substitute.

Arjan Raikhy (Stockport County) 10th/23
Home to Barnet (1-2) - Not in the squad.

Seb Revan (Grimsby Town) 1st/23
Away at Wealdstone (1-0) - Unused substitute.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 25/10/2021 at 21:12, lexicon said:

Good work as always, Hornsers - cheers!

Hopefully this will be a big boost for Vassilev's confidence and get his career started properly. It was a nice take. 

Any idea on what happened to Louie Barry?

Thanks for your valuable contributions also! 

He did miss for a while with a tooth abscess, but otherwise I think he has too much competition for places from experienced pros and apart from an EFL Trophy appearance I don't think he has made much of an impact in his very limited game time.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2021 at 21:15, MaVilla said:

whats going on with Raikhy?, he seemed to be getting good reviews early in the season, but doesnt even seem to have been in the squad recently for Stockport?

Great question, been wondering the same thing myself. I could only find this on The Athletic:

Arjan Raikhy, meanwhile, was one of only nine British-Asian scholars in the English football system last season. The midfielder, 19 next week, started well at fifth-tier Stockport County but after an injury last month, he has been unable to break back into the match-day squad.

Also, I owe him an apology. I believe I missed him playing 60 minutes in their FA Cup victory over Stamford back on October 20th.

Apart from that I saw a tweet about him playing against Chester recently in the Chesire Senior Cup. Hopefully he is back in the squad again soon.

• Thanks 1

Summary from Wednesday night - Wesley sighting!

Indiana Vassilev (Inter Miami) 19th/27
Away at Atlanta United (2-1) - Came on in the 64th minute. 15 touches, 92.3% pass accuracy, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.12.

Wesley (Club Brugge)
Home to Deinze [Belgian Cup Rnd of 32] (3-0) - Came on in the 80th minute.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 25/10/2021 at 16:42, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah, agree totally. I presume that the club saw someone who will be an easy profit - give him a season online and no cost to us, then sell him as he's clearly good enough for League 1/2 standard. Whatever we get for him is just money in the bank - however small.

7 hours ago, peterw said:

Yeah, agree totally. I presume that the club saw someone who will be an easy profit - give him a season online and no cost to us, then sell him as he's clearly good enough for League 1/2 standard. Whatever we get for him is just money in the bank - however small.

Is he playing over Zoom?

• Haha 1

Summary from the weekend - Azaz, you've done it again.

Finn Azaz (Newport County) 8th/24
Home to Stevenage (5-0) - Played 90 minutes. 75 touches, 86.4% pass accuracy, 4 shots, 1 shot on target, 4 key passes. Scored. WhoScored.com rating of 8.42.

Louie Barry (Ipswich Town) 11th/24
Away at Plymouth (2-1) - Not in the squad

Frederic Guilbert (Strasbourg) 7th/20
Home to Lorient (4-0) - Played 90 minutes. 50 touches, 83.3% pass accuracy, 2 key passes. WhoScored.com rating of 7.56.

Conor Hourihane (Sheffield United) 17th/24
Home to Blackpool (0-1) - Unused substitute.

Lovre Kalinic (Hajduk Split) 4th/10
Away at Slaven Belupo (3-2) - Played 90 minutes.

Kaine Kesler-Hayden (Swindon Town) 5th/24
Away at Oldham (1-3) - Played 90 minutes. 71 touches, 87% pass accuracy, 2 shots, 2 shots on target. WhoScored.com rating of 7.18.

Ákos Onódi (Bromsgrove Sporting)
Home to Ilkeston Town [FA Trophy 3rd Qual Rnd] (2-0) - Played 90 minutes.

Arjan Raikhy (Stockport County) 9th/23
Away at Dover (2-5) - Not in the squad.

Dominic Revan (Northampton) 3rd/24
Home to Carlisle (3-0) - Came on in the 29th minute. 42 touches, 38.5% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 6.60.

Seb Revan (Grimsby Town) 2nd/23
Home to Notts County (0-1) - Came on in the 36th minute. 

Indiana Vassilev (Inter Miami) 21st/27
Home to New York City (1-3) - Substituted after 76 minutes. 30 touches, 88.9% pass accuracy, 1 key pass. WhoScored.com rating of 6.52.

Wesley (Club Brugge) 2nd/18
Away at St. Truiden (1-2) - Came on in the 86th minute. 5 touches, 33.3% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 5.98.

Tyreik Wright (Salford City) 19th/24
Home to Exeter (1-2) - Unused substitute.

Brad Young (Carlisle) 23rd/24
Away at Northampton (3-0) - Unused substitute.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Summary from the Tuesday night - EFL Trophy action

Louie Barry (Ipswich Town) 9th/24
Away at Wycombe (1-4) - Not in the squad

Conor Hourihane (Sheffield United) 17th/24
Away at Nottingham Forest (1-1) - Came on in the 89th minute. 5 touches, 50% pass accuracy. WhoScored.com rating of 6.01.

Ákos Onódi (Bromsgrove Sporting)
Home to Stourbridge [Southern League Challenge Cup] (2-0) - Played 90 minutes.

Dominic Revan (Northampton) 3rd/4
Home to Brighton U/21s [EFL Trophy] (1-2) - Played 90 minutes.

Tyreik Wright (Salford City) 3rd/4
Home to Leeds U/21s (5-3) - Played 90 minutes. Hit the post.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Hornso said:

Summary from the Wednesday night - Just another Wesley Wednesday

Wesley (Club Brugge) 3rd/4
Away at Manchester City [Champions League Group Stage] (4-1) - Unused substitute. Hugged Jesus after the full time whistle.

• Haha 1