Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Villaphan04

My predictions, although I’m not really confident Villa will finish 6th. More hopeful than anything. 

1. Man City

2. Chelsea

3. Manure

4. Liverpool 

5. Leicester

6. Aston Villa 

7. Arsenal

8. Tottenham 

9. Everton

10. Leeds

11. Wolves 

12. West Ham

13. Southampton 

14. Brighton

15. Crystal Palace

16. Brentford 

17. Burnley

18. Newcastle 

19. Norwich 

20. Watford

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

Surprised that people think we'll finish top 6.

I'm not surprised, in that fans always overrate how likely their team is to do well, but I agree we're very very unlikely to finish top 6. More likely to be in another relegation battle, though I hope we can get another good start and steer clear of it again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Think Watford and Norwich will stay up. Brentford will probably get off to a good start but then fall away as the months go on, probably similar to Norwich tow years back. Will be a fun team to watch though.

Hard to call which other teams will seriously be down there. Have a feeling it might be a year too far for Burnley and Palace obvious contender, interested to see who Vieira signs.

Not convinced by who Wolves have appointed either. Only ended last season with 45 points and talk of selling key players although getting Raul Jimenez back is important so slow start for them and that could be amusing side story for us to follow.

Who have Southampton signed so far this summer? Cos they barely won a match for about 6 months, could see them being in trouble.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

What the F***!!

lots of mentions of a specific name on the interwebz, but i wont mention a name without some sort of evidence its them who has been arrested etc.

Man U actually have a fantastic squad if they can get their shit together. I think Arsenal will actually be a lot better this season that last - not so sure about Spuds.

Leicester are recruiting well, and only have a small gap to bridge to the top 4, which much be their target again. No doubts that City, Chelsea and Liverpool will spend big and, for me, that's your top 6.

City

Chelsea

Man U 

Liverpool

Leicester 

Arsenal

We will be duking it out with Spuds, West Ham and maybe Leeds again. Depending on how the window goes, we should be able to finish top out of those clubs. Arsenal is not out of reach, but they finished strongly and are trying to add quality.

Whilst I think we can beat anyone on any given day, we've been very predictable in how we line-up when all the players are available for selection. I'm hoping that with Buendia and Jack on the pitch together, opposing teams won't be able to mark two players out of the game. If they try, this is where we really need our midfield to step-up and capitalise on the extra space that will afford them.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Loxstock92 said:

What the F***!!

Seems like it's an Everton player, coinciding with this Club Statement:

Everton can confirm it has suspended a First-Team player pending a police investigation. The Club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time.

Alleged names are available on Twitter

1 hour ago, StanBalaban said:

We will be duking it out with Spuds, West Ham and maybe Leeds again. Depending on how the window goes, we should be able to finish top out of those clubs. Arsenal is not out of reach, but they finished strongly and are trying to add quality.

Whilst I think we can beat anyone on any given day, we've been very predictable in how we line-up when all the players are available for selection. I'm hoping that with Buendia and Jack on the pitch together, opposing teams won't be able to mark two players out of the game. If they try, this is where we really need our midfield to step-up and capitalise on the extra space that will afford them.   

for us teams it's all about injuries. we're a watkins injury away from finishing bottom of that little group

COVID will remain a factor too. any team gets an outbreak it could decide their season as there will be no postponements this time around

DO NOT SPECULATE OR MAKE ANY ALLEGATIONS, COMMENTS OR POST TWEETS ABOUT ANY INDIVIDUALS INVOLVED OR ASSOCIATED WITH THIS LEGAL INVESTIGATION. ANYONE DOING SO WILL BE BLOCKED FROM THIS SITE.

Thank you

@blandy we ok to actually talk about the investigation or more specifically what the media have said?

because i cant remember the last time i saw the media tread this carefully around a subject potentially so big

in sky's article on it they wont even name the club, they've put something like "his club have released a statement" but dont name which club that is, im not surprised VT are on alert to what people say and naming someone when the gobshite red tops and the people that come with them seemingly aren't touching this yet, its almost eerily quiet

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

@blandy we ok to actually talk about the investigation or more specifically what the media have said?

because i cant remember the last time i saw the media tread this carefully around a subject potentially so big

in sky's article on it they wont even name the club, they've put something like "his club have released a statement" but dont name which club that is, im not surprised VT are on alert to what people say and naming someone when the gobshite red tops and the people that come with them seemingly aren't touching this yet, its almost eerily quiet

This is a football (sub) forum, not a criminal allegations/ investigations forum. It is not a player thread. Please don’t bring VT into potential legal trouble. Speculation, rumour or unsubstantiated allegations, or naming individuals or linking to others doing so will not be acceptable. There’s plenty of other things to talk about, or just enjoy the sunshine. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

So who do we think could be a surprise relegation candidate this year?

Southampton have now lost Bertrand, Ings and potentially Vestergaard. The replacements are relatively unproven but could be good investments. They also had a terrible run of form towards the end of last season. They also seem to get into a habit of picking up injuries due to their playing style without much depth. Their academy also doesn't seem as strong as it used to be.

You have Wolves who I'd class as making a risky appointment. They have obvious issues in their squad such as the centre of midfield and defence. To me it'll depend on Jiminez and how quickly Neto gets back to fitness.

Palace have made a very risky appointment but even if that doesn't work out I could see someone come in to steady the ship. I think they've recruited well and should be ok.

I'd also be worried as a Burnley fan as ever, with little investment again is there a limit to the lengths Dyche can go to keep them up?

I expect the likes of Brighton to get stronger and be well clear this year although they still need a striker.

Bruce will find a way as usual.

Leeds won't have second season syndrome either for me.

Should be a fun season down the bottom, I expect at least one of the promoted sides to stay up. Most likely Brentford or Norwich.

Â