Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Villaphan04

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Don't have the numbers on this but surely Arsenal must be one of the top spenders in Europe the past 5-6 years

I think it’s about half of what City spent. There’s so many factors at play though. When you have the billy big bollocks of City and PSG etc even for Arsenal it becomes ‘what’s the point’ as they can’t compete for the best players, have to overpay for more average players who then kick and scream if they become good enough for a move to the said likes of City and PSG. 

They’re another team, like us, whose heyday is basically over forever thanks to FFP and state sponsored football clubs. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

as they can’t compete for the best players, have to overpay for more average players who then kick and scream if they become good enough for a move

That's the thing we need to avoid. Ita not really the transfer fees but the wages that kill you. Arsenal are stuck with players on high wages they csnt sell and any good young player or new signing is going to demand big wages to match them. 

3 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

How come? Why is our season defined by finishing above or below Arsenal?

Last year it was Leeds 🙄 we seem to need to always find a mid table team to make a fake feud with

7 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

What I mean is.Arsenal are so bad (IMHO ) that if we cant finish above them then we need to go back to the drawing board.

I don’t give a damn where Arsenal finish.

if they finish 5th and we finish 6th I will be over the moon.

if we finish 11th and above them, not so much.

Edited by Czarnikjak
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

The only team I watch/support is Villa,but if we cant finish above Arsenal then we are in trouble.

we're not

arsenal's demise is vastly overrated, it comes in the context of them being challengers for the league, they should still be finishing around 7th with that squad, not saying that we cant over take them but there shouldn't be an expectation that we will or take it as a negative reflection on us

they have 2 x £55m+ players on >£250k a week, 5 players in the squad who cost over £50m plus 2 more who were then over our record transfer, 7 players in total cost more than our highest ever...why should we finish above them? because the manager is shit? more to it than that

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Liverpool FC and Chelsea Football Club are matching each other this season 

Week 1:
Liverpool win 3-0
Chelsea win 3-0

Week 2: 
Liverpool win 2-0
Chelsea win 2-0

Week 3: 
Liverpool draw 1-1
Chelsea draw 1-1