Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Villaphan04

56 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The only reason Man Utd aren't being talked about as title winners is because of their manager.

Their squad is honestly sick

COVID?? I’d have thought they’d have been vaccinated by now… 😬

4 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

So who do we think could be a surprise relegation candidate this year?

Southampton have now lost Bertrand, Ings and potentially Vestergaard. The replacements are relatively unproven but could be good investments. They also had a terrible run of form towards the end of last season. They also seem to get into a habit of picking up injuries due to their playing style without much depth. Their academy also doesn't seem as strong as it used to be.

You have Wolves who I'd class as making a risky appointment. They have obvious issues in their squad such as the centre of midfield and defence. To me it'll depend on Jiminez and how quickly Neto gets back to fitness.

Palace have made a very risky appointment but even if that doesn't work out I could see someone come in to steady the ship. I think they've recruited well and should be ok.

I'd also be worried as a Burnley fan as ever, with little investment again is there a limit to the lengths Dyche can go to keep them up?

I expect the likes of Brighton to get stronger and be well clear this year although they still need a striker.

Bruce will find a way as usual.

Leeds won't have second season syndrome either for me.

Should be a fun season down the bottom, I expect at least one of the promoted sides to stay up. Most likely Brentford or Norwich.

Southampton dropping be no surprise at all similar with Palace. The 3 promoted teams be happy with them 2, Newcastle, Brighton and Burnley about 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I hate Burnley. Would love to see them get relegated and never resurface. Horrible club, horrible players. Just a bunch of troglodyte thugs. 

This, plus they are shirt thieves 🤮

On 21/08/2021 at 15:03, villalad21 said:

Liverpool seriously strong with Matip and Van Dijk back

Title contenders in my eyes. Not sure why they are going under the radar?

I **** hope not, already got one of them on my Facebook claiming they're doing it the right way compared to everyone else 

Back to the myth of them not spending again 

3 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Arteta really milked that Guardiola-Wenger hybrid prodigal son myth. He’s more Frank de Boer meets Remi Garde.

Much like OGS, he's in the job for the club connection, which is laughably small time for such successful clubs.

Put it this way, if Smith were sacked, would you take OGS or Arteta? I think either of them would be lucky to get a job at a club anywhere higher than relegation fodder. 

• Like 2

Just now, Spoony said:

I generally can’t stand Arsenal fans but I'm starting to feel sorry for them. They’re a proper football club left behind by the oil money and being led into a Newcastle/Leeds type of turmoil. 

Don't have the numbers on this but surely Arsenal must be one of the top spenders in Europe the past 5-6 years

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I generally can’t stand Arsenal fans but I'm starting to feel sorry for them. They’re a proper football club left behind by the oil money and being led into a Newcastle/Leeds type of turmoil. 

Might’ve been different if they hadn’t hounded Wenger out. I have no sympathy myself 

• Like 3

Â