Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

Grealish changed the game, but I think unlike in previous matches Sterling is deserving of the praise he's getting as I thought he had a good game, was selfish at times but I think that was to large degree because of having a lack of options around him, which again goes back to why Grealish should be starting.

21 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

No he’s got a pretty clear game plan and it works for tournament football. 

Some of the armchair commentary on here is pretty embarrassing. 

I don’t know what that game plan is. It’s certainly not very clear. Ride your luck for 70 mins while inexplicably not playing your best player? That’s not an actual plan in anyone’s book but Baldrick’s. 

Sarcastic GIF

(Southgate, not you.) 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 3

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Fair play to Southgate, bringing Grealish on changed the game. He seemed pretty happy with Jack at the end, can do we dare to hope that he starts the next game?

He should do and pleased to see Southgate go to him at the final whistle.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

One tap in, and nearly gave them the equaliooser.

I thought he was shit.

How can Sterling have a terrible first touch at this level? His goals mask a lot of what he gets wrong 

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

To be fair to Sterling he's been johnny on the spot goal poacher where it mattered, doing what Kane (until just now) should have been doing. 

Thing is as a wide man Sterling is meant to be feeding Kane but his first touch other than for his goals has been dogshit.  Get Jack on and he makes assists look like a piece of piss.  Hopefully Harry has a word to Southgate to get him in from the start.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I genuinely can't reconcile the BBC's views on Rasheem Sterling and the game I just watched.

He scored but he was comfortably our worst player, and I'd go as far to say he was Germany's best.

Â