Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

10 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

They hate us, I'm quite looking forward to being the most hated club in the prem.

No one likes us we don’t care

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Maybe this has been answered but is he a playmaker at 10 or a box to box centre mid or is he a winger? 

He moves the ball well, a bit like Grealish. He's so young so would add real competition. 

Number 10, but has Ollie's work rate.  He runs...  A lot.   Dribbles a bit like Jack and wins a lot of fouls because of his ball control, but loves playing 1-2s with others in attack.  He's also a relentless presser in defense.  Reminds me a lot of Mason Mount, but with some of Jack's flair and ESR will actually will take on and try to beat his mark.  Still raw, but he works hard and could double in value in 3-4 years, even if we get him for 35 million.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Number 10, but has Ollie's work rate.  He runs...  A lot.   Dribbles a bit like Jack and wins a lot of fouls because of his ball control, but loves playing 1-2s with others in attack.  He's also a relentless presser in defense.  Reminds me a lot of Mason Mount, but with some of Jack's flair and ESR will actually will take on and try to beat his mark.  Still raw, but he works hard and could double in value in 3-4 years, even if we get him for 35 million.  

0.5 successful dribbles, fouled once a game. Hardly superb stats. 

4 minutes ago, picicata said:

Do you watch football or just check out stats at the end of games?

I don't know much about him. But the guy I was quoting said he dribbles and is fouled a lot. Stats backing it up is a key point. 

Quite a clever move on our part to go for him now. With the new contract still not signed at Arsenal, this will put massive pressure on them to give him a huge contract. He only broke into the team around Christmas time and he’s a youth player so he’s probably only on around £10k per week (give or take). We’ve probably spoken to his agent and said we’ll give him a 5 year contract on 80k (ish) per week. Arsenal will now need to match our offer to him or risk him running down his contract. Then they have the problem of other players wanting the same deal (Saka, etc). They’re not known for splashing the cash these days, and with the pandemic, I wouldn’t rule this one out just yet...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Here is his profile on the #1 footie stats website, but whatever, villalad21...

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/363686/Show/Emile-Smith-Rowe

image.png.3b234806ca324409c5cd9f4712de3e62.png

You need to actually look at the individual stats. His dribbling is subpar. 1.5 Completed dribbles (fouled + dribbles). For instance that's about half foden and like 1/4 Jack. 

This is per 90 so the stats are slightly different. 

Screenshot_20210616_192352.jpg

Edited by MotoMkali

We picked up Martinez cos contract terms weren't what he wanted - seems like a familiar situation. Arsenal probably are paying him less than we are offering and probably aren't giving him as many promises on playing time or position. Can see why he wouldn't leave them though - I wonder if we've turned his head with a bit of Lange flange. 

33 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You are saying saka and Chukwuemeka look alike?

About as much as Bale and Chukwuemeka look alike - i.e. not at all.

For clarity, the joke was that Chukwuemeka and Bale look nothing alike, so you could just point to any player and claim they are Gareth Bale. I picked a black player because the reference was more clear that way.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We picked up Martinez cos contract terms weren't what he wanted - seems like a familiar situation. Arsenal probably are paying him less than we are offering and probably aren't giving him as many promises on playing time or position. Can see why he wouldn't leave them though - I wonder if we've turned his head with a bit of Lange flange. 

Oh yes 😁

• Haha 1