Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You need to actually look at the individual stats. His dribbling is subpar. 1.5 Completed dribbles (fouled + dribbles). For instance that's about half foden and like 1/4 Jack. 

This is per 90 so the stats are slightly different. 

Screenshot_20210616_192352.jpg

The majority of his appearances were off the bench this season...  He's going to be inconsistent as a 20 year old in his first season playing in the Premier League.

image.thumb.png.9cb2ababb75469bc644efb9c9422d488.png

Here are some of his full appearances:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1TYJtdMAgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsE90CPkAGI

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

The majority of his appearances were off the bench this season...  He's going to be inconsistent as a 20 year old in his first season playing in the Premier League.

image.thumb.png.9cb2ababb75469bc644efb9c9422d488.png

Here are some of his full appearances:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1TYJtdMAgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsE90CPkAGI

The thing I showed in my quote is per 90. And he is the 9th percentile. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

The thing I showed in my quote is per 90. And he is the 9th percentile. 

Minutes from the bench <> minutes starting because you're not always playing in your preferred position/role and most likely won't see as much of the ball...  When you come off the bench for more appearances than when you've started, your stats for the season are skewed.  If you only pull his stats from the games he's started this season, they'll show a different story.  Having actually watched the kid play on several occasions myself, I can say he is a dribbler.  Watch the Brighton game from above where they kick the Hell out of him.  

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Minutes from the bench <> minutes starting because you're not always playing in your preferred position/role and most likely won't see as much of the ball...  When you come off the bench for more appearances than when you've started, your stats for the season are skewed.  If you only pull his stats from the games he's started this season, they'll show a different story.  Having actually watched the kid play on several occasions myself, I can say he is a dribbler.  Watch the Brighton game from above where they kick the Hell out of him.  

He started in 27 of his 34 appearances for arsenal. So the overwhelming majority of his minute came as a starter. 

I'm not saying he isn't a good player he looks like he can keep the ball ticking over and find the final ball. It just doesn't look like his dribbling stats are impressive. And I presume the games above are cherry picked as some of his better performances. 

Edited by MotoMkali

I hope his agent has told him to at least listen to what we have to say after putting the bid in. I feel like Lange can be very persuasive, and he might be a bit irritated that Arsenal have been holding out on giving him what he thinks he's worth.

If we're willing to give him what he wants, it might make him feel like we would value him more than Arsenal currently do.

I thought he was one of the main reasons why Arsenal managed to finish above us. Looks like he could be a really good signing. Don’t see it happening though but you never know. Probably more likely than Ward-Prowse. Bring this guy in plus Pape Sarr and we’d have a class midfield for the next 10 years.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

He started in 27 of his 34 appearances for arsenal. So the overwhelming majority of his minute came as a starter. 

I'm not saying he isn't a good player he looks like he can keep the ball ticking over and find the final ball. It just doesn't look like his dribbling stats are impressive. And I presume the games above are cherry picked as some of his better performances. 

Yes and he was good in many of the starts. Scored the winner v Chelsea at end of the season and was excellent v likes of West Brom and Newcastle when he first broke through so has no issue playing low block teams. Always played well at home to Spurs and was unlucky not to score in that game.

Have a look at Arsenal's scoring record up to December and then from that point onwards for second half of the season and it's quite a difference and he was one of the reasons.

I personally rate him as high as Saka who is good but his end product once in final third isn't as good as ESR imo.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Yes and he was good in many of the starts. Scored the winner v Chelsea at end of the season and was excellent v likes of West Brom and Newcastle when he first broke through so has no issue playing low block teams. Always played well at home to Spurs and was unlucky not to score in that game.

Have a look at Arsenal's scoring record up to December and then from that point onwards for second half of the season and it's quite a difference and he was one of the reasons.

I personally rate him as high as Saka who is good but his end product once in final third isn't as good as ESR imo.

I'm not saying he isn't good. Just his dribbling stats aren't that impressive. And neither are his creation stats although is final ball looks to be very good and his passing is already elite. 

Whilst I don't see it happening unfortunately, I do find the reaction a bit hilarious on twitter, its like no one outside us villa fans knows we are now owned by 2 billianairs and are looking to push on

I honestly think some think Doug Ellis still owns us

• Like 2

IF we've bid that for him then he can easily say to Arsenal he needs the wages to match the price tag. I wonder where that would sit in their wage structure. Part of me thinks we've some insider knowledge of Arsenal's financial workings and we're exploiting that. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm not saying he isn't good. Just his dribbling stats aren't that impressive. And neither are his creation stats although is final ball looks to be very good and his passing is already elite. 

Stats are stats otherwise Spain would be winning 6-0 the other night with likes of Olmo, Pedri and all your other stat friendly players.😉

It's those little things you notice with players coming through, that extra air of quality. Little feint or acceleration to get away from the defence. Smith Rowe has it as does Foden. And Grealish of course.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

IF we've bid that for him then he can easily say to Arsenal he needs the wages to match the price tag. I wonder where that would sit in their wage structure. Part of me thinks we've some insider knowledge of Arsenal's financial workings and we're exploiting that. 

That's an interesting point. if the wages Smith Rowe wants and the wages Arsenal are offering are miles apart, maybe we've caught wind of that and are willing to put ESR on the type of wages he wants with a guarantee of more football. Could put Arsenal in a bit of a difficult position. 

Pure speculation of course. 

• Like 1